GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your BEST picture

Barros VeeDub

uhm... wait what?
Tried out a new location in Boston tonight. I think it's my new favorite place.

Nice. By the harbor closer to the north end. We should meet up sometime to shoot.

edit: nvm after seeing this on my computer at work... i dont think i know where that is... by the tall ships port? or by the world trade center near the sea port..

Last edited:

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
It's over by the Maverick stop on the Blue line. A little park called Lo Presti Park. Took me 45 minutes to get there from BU last night, and I nearly got crushed by traffic from the Sox game on the way haha

Anyway, yeah I'd love to meet up and shoot. The photos I'm getting look great on my camera, and I'm confident in my shots when I pack up, but my skyline shots never seem to come out as sharp as I think they do. I'm shooting with a D7000 and that shot was with my 35mm 1.8 I believe. I think it was at f5.6 and 13 second shutter, iso 200.

Any pointers besides "get better glass?" lol and if you were to suggest better glass for a shot like this, what would it be? My 50 1.8 produced similar shots...would the 50 1.4 be that much better?

Barros VeeDub

uhm... wait what?
It's over by the Maverick stop on the Blue line. A little park called Lo Presti Park. Took me 45 minutes to get there from BU last night, and I nearly got crushed by traffic from the Sox game on the way haha

Anyway, yeah I'd love to meet up and shoot. The photos I'm getting look great on my camera, and I'm confident in my shots when I pack up, but my skyline shots never seem to come out as sharp as I think they do. I'm shooting with a D7000 and that shot was with my 35mm 1.8 I believe. I think it was at f5.6 and 13 second shutter, iso 200.

Any pointers besides "get better glass?" lol and if you were to suggest better glass for a shot like this, what would it be? My 50 1.8 produced similar shots...would the 50 1.4 be that much better?

yeah thats by the seaport near where i work i believe.

your 35mm should have better glass than your 50mm, i have the same lenses. crank the iso down to 100. shrink your aperture to like 16+ or so. makes sure your tripod isn't going anywhere. the slightest gust of wind constantly swaying the camera will hurt. set it to 30sec to see where the exposure will lay, THEN get a remote and set it to "bulb" and kind of eye ball the exposure and time it with a watch or something to get like 30+ sec depending how long you think you need it to be exposed.... hopefully it'll be sharper. make sure you focus on a building thats in the middle of all the other buildings.

phew... i hope that helps. if you want to head out with me to do it, im always game. i'll pm you my cell number.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
damn bye bye shadow lol.

i like the changes though. also that shot of boston is insane.