GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Bibi_Travels

1. B

New 2024 GTI: Change Oil At 500 Miles?

I said I was being cynical…
  2. B

This sound like a white van man… 😹 What do you do?
  3. B

Well how nice… that’s outstanding. What kind of driving do you do?
  4. B

It’s just a discussion; we’re all friends.
  5. B

Stock mk8 GTI oil temps.

Good catch… supposed to be engine oil temp.
  6. B

Stock mk8 GTI oil temps.

Springtime ambient temps are running in the 60ºs and my engine temps are consistent at 194ºF driving normally. Not sure it means anything definitive.
  7. B

The 2500 miles was purely arbitrary… only because it’s halfway to 5000 miles; that was my logic. And I agree that changing at the end of break-in makes sense but I felt it was too soon after just having changed at 500 miles. I’d make the decision to change again at 2500 based on the oil analysis
  8. B

Jalopnik: Only Idiots Drive These Cars—VW

Obviously projecting! Re: Teslas—Anyone with a vanity plate is someone I'd like to never meet in person. This is even more true if your vanity plate alludes to the fact you own an electric vehicle. 😹
  9. B

Jalopnik: Only Idiots Drive These Cars—VW

Sometimes bad owners can ruin a vehicle's reputation. See the section “Little, High-Performance VWs” and have a laugh. Ok, the other cars are also hilarious. Cheers!
  10. B

Never said they make unreliable cars… and never said they set you up for early engine failure. Of course I’ll do what I want. And I understand brand loyalty, I stayed loyal after three TDIs even though we can all look back at this point and say that VW benefited from Dieselgate until they...
  11. B

I know I’m being cynical, but VW doesn’t want the car to last a long, long time. VW is in fact in the business of selling cars. The only reason they offer pre-paid maintenance at 10K and 20K is that most people lease cars nowadays and some don’t even bother to do oil changes at 10K intervals...
  12. B

I'm not arguing, it's just a discussion... Going strictly by the manual, it's not required, or it would say so... I could say that an early oil change is part of an engine break-in process, no? I did draw an oil sample and I sent it off to Blackstone for analysis... I'll be curious about what...
  13. B

Can you elaborate? I have heard this, but I understood this to be running the engine at various RPM and then a check for leaks...? More of a Quality Check(?).
  14. B

Is changing oil at 500 miles something you still do? I have a new 2024 GTI and I'm just wondering...
  15. B

Not Removing Shipping Blocks Is Still A Thing

Ha! I could drive over a dime and tell you whether it was heads or tails! All good since the blocks were removed. Having my first oil change tomorrow at 500 miles. I’ll do a Blackstone Labs analysis as well.