GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by coruro

1. C

Mk8 Orders

Had my update yesterday Car ordered 28/10/23 and has been built it is due to be sent over in 7-10 days and ill have it before the end of March, I was quoted in October up to 8 months which took it to June but it would have taken around 5 months by the time the end of march comes.
  2. C

Mk8 Orders

Monthly update, BW 7 the 12th Feb 2024, asked if I could add anything to the car to be told no, so presuming its status 20 now.
  3. C

New 8.5 GTI showcased through press release on I.D 7 - Chat GPT

“ There will no longer be a manual gearbox on offer, Volkswagen has confirmed. Technical development boss Kai Grünitz said “it didn’t make sense” to do a new manual, as when development of the facelifted car began, there was a lack of clarity about what Euro 7 emissions regulations would look...
  4. C

Looks like I published it online before daily mail ;) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-12938955/Volkswagen-cars-feature-ChatGPT-voice-assistant-year.html?ico=mol_desktop_home
  5. C

Just come across this on the press release on VW today. Can see the changes to the golf interior and exterior (although camo'd) https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/press-releases/world-premiere-at-ces-volkswagen-integrates-chatgpt-into-its-vehicles-18048
  6. C

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

To be honest I scoured the net on all forums, as far back as I could find, including one post on a forum that a garage gave the customer a copy of their fault and stated on there about the TPI Notice they posted a pic and I screenshotted it. Which means they knew about the issue for there to be...
  7. C

Mk8 Orders

I think it depends swell on the spec and tech, I've only had 1 extra which was high beam assist on the R-Line i've ordered. High beam assist is pretty standard on most cars in the UK and I prefer it. I presume you meant BW 9/2024 as you said March 2024. There are rumours going round that...
  8. C

Yes, if you can prove they are aware of the fault before manufacturing your vehicle (plenty of evidence on forums out there) so the fault is known but they continue to manufacture therefore they are liable to carry out remedial as per UK Consumer Rights Act.
  9. C

Mk8 Orders

Had an update today, Provisional build week 6 (5th Feb 2024), will get an update again in Jan. Ordered 28th October 2023 R Line 2.0, 150, DSG.
  10. C

Ordered a new Mk8 without Travel assist and Emergency assist, because I couldn't cope with the constant bongs on the Tiguan. It's a well known fault/issue otherwise they wouldn't have a 'remedy' in place. Gutted as I loved my Tiguan but I like the R-line and it came standard on it. Thankfully it...
  11. C

Mk8 Orders

Anyone had any proposed wait times, Ordered a R-Line 2.0 150 DSG in October and was told around May 2024 time!? And is there any news on the 8.5? not sure I like the proposed infotainment screen the same as the new Tiguan, seems a bit big for a golf.
  12. C

I had a VW Tiguan R Line 2.0 150 DSG (71 plate) - it was on lease for 15 months then travel assist currently unavailable kept pinging every 30 seconds for 2 hour journeys, I couldn't turn it off, was quoted 5 month wait for replacement steering wheel ( as advised by their TPI Notice) anyway long...