GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 8.5 GTI showcased through press release on I.D 7 - Chat GPT

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So here is the 360 camera in the wing mirror as i anticipated with the vin i found:

IMG_1378.jpeg

Here are photos of the views from the AID:
IMG_1387.jpegIMG_1389.jpegIMG_1392.jpegIMG_1393.jpeg

And the infotainment:
IMG_1397.jpegIMG_1400.jpegIMG_1406.jpegIMG_1409.jpeg

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Autogefuhl review of the partially camouflaged 8.5 GTI,
it was stated during the VW CES press conference that the facelift golf world premier will be in a few days time.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Also there is a new setting in the ADAS menu “Attention monitor”.
I may be wrong, but I think that may already be in the current mk8 menus, except it’s referred to as ‘Driver Alert System’, and is in the assist menu.

Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So if I am correct they updated the driver alert system (Pr-code: EM1 for the Golf 8) to the Advanced driver attention & drowsiness monitor(Pr-code EM2). Is this the camera monitoring I wonder?

Also have you seen the wireless charging pad?

IMG_1418.jpg
IMG_1420.jpg

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The Infotainment screen size will be either 10" as standard or 13" and will have the illuminated touch climate sliders.

Reactions: tos

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
So if I am correct they updated the driver alert system (Pr-code: EM1 for the Golf 8) to the Advanced driver attention & drowsiness monitor(Pr-code EM2). Is this the camera monitoring I wonder?

Also have you seen the wireless charging pad?

View attachment 297614View attachment 297615
I’d say that yes, it would likely be the camera based driver monitoring, much like BMW already use, I’m not sure what I’m looking at in regards to your pic of the charge pad?! Is it vented/cooled??

coruro

Had a quick browse of a brief preview in a UK magazine, said there was no mensh of manual, shame if true....
“ There will no longer be a manual gearbox on offer, Volkswagen has confirmed. Technical development boss Kai Grünitz said “it didn’t make sense” to do a new manual, as when development of the facelifted car began, there was a lack of clarity about what Euro 7 emissions regulations would look like, and VW took the decision to continue with just the lower-emission DSG gearbox to avoid falling foul of any potentially punitive new emissions caps.”

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2024-volkswagen-golf

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
I'm sure the above is but I personally know 4 ex-VW owners (Golf, Polo, Touran & T-Roc - poss use same 'box ?) who on their cars reaching 35,000-40,000miles their gearboxes developed a life of their, randomly changing gear up & down or refusing to select any gears esp reverse making the drivers doubt their sanity. All returned to dealer for attention, the Polo & Touran owners were told 'on the quiet' by a techinician pretty much word for word "these 'boxes are a nightmare when they start to go go wrong, if I were you, mate, I'd trade it in". All did, but not for VWs. Speaking personally, & as I find, I test drove a diesel Mk7.5 Golf with DSG 'box, when creeping forward into my garage it suddenly revved to 2,000 RPM & shot forward, scared me half to death. If I hadn't got the brake pedal covered it would likely have launched itself into the garage end wall, never been near a DSG gearbox since. Like I said, I speak as I find, I've 'owned' on PCP 5 Golfs, all manuals, all of which which I liked very much, I know many owners swear by VW DSG boxes, but I don't think they are 'for me'...