GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Doctor71

1. D

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

OMG it works, thankyou so much. Re my other faults, a change in arm rest hasn’t fixed my rattle and the DSG is still sluggish when pulling away - delay of a few seconds before my car pulls away even though the revs go - it’s extremely dangerous.
  2. D

Def don’t have the maps behind the steering wheel - checked everything.
  3. D

It’s. Golf GTi March 21. The map display behind the steering wheel is only available on the upgraded infotainment system I think - I don’t have that one. The upgrade took 4 days in total due to errors apparently - constantly going back to vw Germany to ask for assistance.
  4. D

Ok, car returned earlier today and I’m now on 1896. Been out for a drive and not a bing or a bong in sight - wohoo. DSG seems a lot better too. Also replaced protective boots on front suspension struts as they were becoming very noisy (a common problem I think). And they eventually found a...
  5. D

Hoping to get a courtesy car at some point tomorrow.
  6. D

My Mk8 has been in the dealers for 4 days now updating the software from 1668. Apparently they are in contact with VW Germany to try and resolve constant errors - lots of updates applied, when one thing gets fixed another thing breaks. So I’m stuck with no car until the software is sorted out...
  7. D

Does anyone know if the tpi upgrade to 1668 software is available yet? I had mine in for a service a couple of weeks ago and was advised my unit was fully up to date. Same infotainment problems exist and I’m not sure any updates were made at all.