GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Jedi86615

1. J

Helix sub on mk8

Fair enough. I have to go down the helix route as I don't have the HK system
  2. J

Helix sub on mk8

Wow. I wouldn't waste my money on that for 2 dB. An SPL meter may reveal a better result though
  3. J

Helix sub on mk8

I believe people with the HK system are swapping the sub for the fender sub from the mk 7. I don't have the hk system and want to install the helix
  4. J

Helix sub on mk8

Hi Has anyone managed to get the helix sub/dsp kit working on a mk8? I'm sure I came across someone who did, however cannot find the post anymore. Want to know if it works like in the Mk7 and how hard it is to do the wiring. Thank you all
  5. J

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Thank you for the thorough explanation. I agree, the current car market is a total mess right now with supply issues and it is definitely something to consider before rejecting. Its a shame though to spend hard earned money on a new car to then having to visit the dealer on 15 occasions. Granted...
  6. J

Are you not able to reject the car? Granted the car is now 20months old, but you've raised the issue at the beginning so surely you have a case? Or get some compensation? Does anyone know what the case is and timeline for rejecting a faulty car?
  7. J

Mk8 Orders

Hi. I have seen cars advertised as pipeline or Q1 delivery and was wondering if that holds any value to it? Additionally, do lease companies give out the dealership details so that the customer can contact in order to get first hand information, or is that counterintuitive? how do you even know...
  8. J

Thanks. That's good to know. Yeah, I only use the steering volume control in my current mk7. Now, I just need to get the car haha
  9. J

Haha, thanks. I am all up for the modern day tech as long as its useable. Thats my main concern, the volume or temp controls being laggy when trying to achieve simple functions. I await mine in ? March, it's an unconfirmed BW but will see.
  10. J

That sounds good. From my understanding, they've reduced the background app boot up and running to allow for the most useful apps to run smoother. Are the temperature and volume sliders any less Laggy?
  11. J

Interesting. This article suggests software should have rolled out now and hardware is exclusive to the discover nav Pro only. https://www.carthrottle.com/post/praise-be-vw-has-overhauled-the-golf-8s-annoying-infotainment-system/
  12. J

Thanks, i saw your previous post suggesting MY23 cars, however i wonder if there is any way to confirm if the H58 hardware is the new samsung chip
  13. J

Thank you Good to know that the 1890 update is being rolled out. I was wondering if anyone knew when the new hardware, as the article suggested, would be placed into production? The article is vague and the dealer has not even heard of the new hardware change.
  14. J

Hi Did anyone find out which cars would have the new hardware? Im about to order a car which has a build week 8 ( February). The article suggests 2022, however unsure as to when they would implement this. This article just mentions 2022...