GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Pinocchio

1. P

MK8 GTE - Heated steering randomly on

From the climate screen, press the star shaped icon top right,you will get to a menu that says seat heating and steering wheel heating. Turn these on or off depending on how you want them to operate.
  2. P

Cruise Control

Thanks for the reply, will have to look at settings.
  3. P

Cruise Control

Had an OTA softwre update last week, now cruise is dangerous to use. Sitting at 70 mph all of a sudden the car would try to drop to 44mph,it's the same at 60 mph it was dropping to 37 mph, then return back to either 60 or 70 mph for the road i was on. This was happening all the time so have...
  4. P

Can't see the cars odometer on the digital display

You can't see the odometer on screen while the car is switched on. You can see theodometer when you turn the car off.
  5. P

Gear number in display?

If you have a DSG, you have to put up with D or R, there is no setting for which gear your in. If you put DSG into sport then you get S1 S2 S3 ect. I don't know about manual gearbox.
  6. P

Golf eTSI

Never had a problem with mine.
  7. P

Online Voice Control

Glad you finally got it sorted.
  8. P

Online Voice Control

Alexa is owned by amazon, so you have to sign into your amazon account to imput the code which then activates alexa on your car. It's the same for itunes.
  9. P

Online Voice Control

Subscription to Cubic Telecom,has nothing to do with Alexa. Alexa is free on the MK8 Golf. You need an internet connection,whether it be Personal Hotspot through your phone, connecting to your house wifi or using Cubic Telecom. I got access code when connected to my phone and had no problem...
  10. P

Online Voice Control

You do not need an active with Cubic Telecom for Alexa to work. If your phone allows, set it as personal hotspot, connect your car and Alexa works perfectly fine.
  11. P

Mk8 Service Interval

Taken from VW website. Most Volkswagens require a fixed service. For the first three years of ownership, your car will require an annual service inspection and oil service. 1st service (oil service) – at 9,300 miles or when your car is 12 months old. 2nd service – at 18,600 miles or when...
  12. P

Mk8 Service Interval

I think it's 10,000 miles or 12 months, first service is an intermediate. Mine went in at 1 yr old with 4k on clock and dealer rang me to book car in.
  13. P

Road noise

I have 16inch Bridgestone which are very noisy,so when i need to change they will be gone.
  14. P

Fuse for dashcam?

F52 is the correct fuse to use,and piggyback. I have tried fitting my nextbase but like you locating an earthing point is an absolute pain so havn't got it connected yet.