GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SmokeyGTI

1. SmokeyGTI

I just ordered a GTI 40th Anniversary

Just picked up my GTI 40th anniversary edition from Brandon VW here in FL. Mine is dark grey with the 6 spd manual. It’s my fourth GTI!
  2. SmokeyGTI

What is your occupation?

Nice! I'm a flight instructor part time on the weekends.
  3. SmokeyGTI

Would you let others drive your car?

I'm very particular about who I let drive my car. I will let most any of my immediate family drive it as they all know how to drive stick (even my mom, she had a stick shift rabbit back in the 80's). In fact both my sisters have standard Honda fits. As for anyone else maybe a few close friends...
  4. SmokeyGTI

Powl: Anyone, what phone should I get?

Aside from a faulty power on / off switch on my iPhone 5, I have never had one single issue with my 4, 5 and now iPhone 6. I loved my iPhone 4 but as other manufacturers started coming out with bigger screens I wanted to go bigger as well. As an avid iPhone fan though I waited, and waited.. and...
  5. SmokeyGTI

How Long Have You Had You Golf/Golf R/Gti and How Old are You?

I'm 33. Bought my GTi new back in June of 2010 so coming up on four years now. Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. SmokeyGTI

Subject myself to a long commute?

For me personally, time spent commuting is wasted time you could be spending doing other things like going to the gym, relaxing, hanging out with family / friends. And the reality is while living close to friends is nice, once you really start working 40-50 + hrs a week your going to find you...
  7. SmokeyGTI

What Is The Best Tmobile Cellphone

I had t-mobile many years ago and it was great service. Still have my Motorola V66 flip phone too :) It was my favorite phone by far. Totally antiquated by today's standards I know, but I thought it was pretty cool at the time. Especially the green and red "status" light lol. Sent from my...
  8. SmokeyGTI

Grambles Crossroads (House Building Thread)

I say 2. Keep the car and get rid of some / all the mods. That way you can at least still drive the car you want. You do need and deserve something to keep you happy. I think it's a lot like the house. You can still get the house you want, but just maybe not with all the "mods" if you will...
  9. SmokeyGTI

Considering Second Car...

I had thoughts of doing a similar thing with my GTi, mostly to save it from the harsh New England winters more so than miles. But like someone else on here stated its a car that's meant to be driven. I don't think the fact it has 20K less miles on it is really going to make a huge difference...
  10. SmokeyGTI

Off-Topic Chat (#3)

Haha word. I got the chuck Liddell thing going on at the moment. On my head I mean. As for down there, shave it every couple weeks or so. Mostly since the lady friend likes it that way. She keeps it shaved which I like as well. Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. SmokeyGTI

Things passengers do to drive you crazy?

Truth Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. SmokeyGTI

Things passengers do to drive you crazy?

Oh man, got a few of these.. 1) When people get in and seem to put their feet anywhere but on the damn floor mats. The mats I can just take out and shake off. The floor I have to vacuum. Ugghh! 2) When my sister automatically delegates me to drive to family gatherings. Thereby stuffing 5 good...
  13. SmokeyGTI

Is This Real Life?

That sounds awful.. Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. SmokeyGTI

Thinking of buying another car.

Just out of curiosity why are you wanting to get rid or your current ride? I'd prob go for the mk7 personally (which is what I'll eventually do) but the BMW would be a pretty sweet ride. The WRX may seem a little "cheap" on the inside compared to what you have now. And moving to a used car to...
  15. SmokeyGTI

Switch from Iphone4 to HTC Evo?

Thanks.. Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk