GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Long Have You Had You Golf/Golf R/Gti and How Old are You?

WAP

Go Kart Champion

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I treat this car as if it's an Aventador. I love it, and of course I enjoy it but I don't want to wear it out or beat on it. Most likely this car will see less than 3,000 miles a year haha. But those nice days, I'm going to have a blast with it.

Whoa! I drive like 18k a year. Why so little? Do you work or go to school 1 mile from home or something and not go many other places?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Whoa! I drive like 18k a year. Why so little? Do you work or go to school 1 mile from home or something and not go many other places?

I don't want to leave it at school, and it's also a weekend enjoyment car haha. From now until college I use my mom's Acura MDX, just for daily travels and such. It's a 2011 with 42,000 miles, and I won't be as nervous leaving it in a parking lot with all the other carts. I rarely use my dad's car, he's mostly at work.

DowneyTDI

Ready to race!
I'm 36 and have had my TDI for 11 months. I hope to hold on to it for a while.

You teenagers (high schoolers) with GTIs have it good! I would've felt like a boss rolling to school in a new GTI back in the day. Just don't drive TOO crazy in them.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Got it Dec '12 with 12k miles

Last edited:

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Im 23 first gti had it a year and 3 months now. First car bought on my own!

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
25 and about a year. I had an 08 GTI FSI DSG also (that's a lot of three letter abbreviations.) I got the MT knowing I was sacrificing speed for fun, NFG, I would have bought a Subie if I was just about speed.