GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo GTI v. R Upgrade

deanmarr

Ready to race!
It's ok to be mistaken about something man. Your queepy remarks like "run along now" and "have a good night" aren't gonna get you far around here.

As already clarified, "big turbo" is a specific terminology on this (and other) platforms referring to large turbos typically built by aftermarket developers such as the aforementioned G25, CTS Boss, DBV2, etc. IS20, IS38, IS12, are all OEM turbos, yes different sizes and some are bigger than others, but specifically saying "big turbo" means something different than "bigger than".
Run along now. Spare your lecture for some wide eyed teenager. Which I am not. WTF does queppy mean? Dont answer I don't care.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Been a member since January 2017. GFY

Being a dick and telling other forum members to go fuck themselves is a good way of getting yourself banned. Also, you have only made 200 posts since your join date which means you're not an active member and nobody cares about your join date.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What's the advantages of the hybrid you're looking at? And I'm assuming you didn't buy the IS38 from FCP?

No I didn't buy the IS38 from FCP. The advantage of the TPC20 is it can produce as good of numbers or better than the IS38 and it has a completely different CHRA. Balanced better also. And you don't lose the torque in the lower RPM's that you do with the IS38. Check the dyno numbers on it.

https://www.turbopartscanada.ca/products/mk7-golf-gti-golf-r

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Damn that looks nice.

What tuning are you going with?

I'm getting it installed at DynoComp in Scottsdale, AZ and they will tune it on their dyno and then in a few months I'll get a remote dyno tune from EQT.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
lol'ed at the double down, learned of some crabby campers on here. Finally at page 7. That being said, back to topic. Golf R if you have the money yes. I like the AWD as I live in SEPA and it used to snow. Second it would be nice to be able to "race" or whatever, from a dig. But GTI>R because it was 16k less and AWD isn't worth 16k IMO (2017 when I was looking) 23500 new gti s vs 39 R prob could have gotten it for less like 37 idn. Either way im super happy with the GTI and its my pride and joy. Next go around in 5 years or so ill get a truck but GTI will turn to a track car or something or we will all be dead or hunger games cuz covid 19

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm getting it installed at DynoComp in Scottsdale, AZ and they will tune it on their dyno and then in a few months I'll get a remote dyno tune from EQT.

Looks like a good option. I've been debating a new turbo, but don't want to have to go down the road of messing with fueling. Want to stay on stock fueling with pump 93 gas.