GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help picking an exhaust

caber033

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I just can't decide. I have a 2016 Golf R with Stage 2 APR. It has a APR downpipe and straight pipes from the catback. Way too loud for my town. What is the best exhaust for me? I want quiet and power!

Thanks guys!

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Source an oem muffler that should bring you down to earth with sound. Or look into something with a switch path so that you can choose when you want it to be not bad or LOUD loud

Welcome to the forum!

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
I'm loving my APR catback with valved dual mufflers. Louder than stock? Yes, but not obnoxiously so. Zero drone. Deeper sound though. I was surprised when my wife first heard it: she said that the car sort of growls now, AND SHE LIKED IT. Go figure.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Get a vibrant.

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
APR Valved +1

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I just can't decide. I have a 2016 Golf R with Stage 2 APR. It has a APR downpipe and straight pipes from the catback. Way too loud for my town. What is the best exhaust for me? I want quiet and power!

Thanks guys!

Power can be achieved with any good straight through muffler. I would recommend the Borla S type to help with volume and a Vibrant resonator to help with tone/drone. Check out this thread to find some more info.