GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2025 Gti

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Don't like the wheel design on Facelift GTI.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
That front bumper got even worse. I hate it so much.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Love it personally. Looks like the perfect GTI. Let me get one in that crazy yellow or purple and give me good value on my 2021 and ill take it

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Now that I've seen the MK8 close up a few times, I do really like the exterior, especially of the MK8-R. The grill area on this MK8.5 fixed what I disliked on the MK8 GTI. (WIIIIDE FISH SMILE LOL) So im 100% on-board with the MK8.5 GTI exterior, that spoiler on the GTI? Wha. Just sad they F'd up the interior and transmission. I can't wait for this "lets slap a big-ass ipad on the dash and call it a day" trend to F-off. I mean, the MK8 interior was going in the right direction, it just needed a few BUTTONS and more refinement to look "finished". (Look at the GLI)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Now that I've seen the MK8 close up a few times, I do really like the exterior, especially of the MK8-R. The grill area on this MK8.5 fixed what I disliked on the MK8 GTI. (WIIIIDE FISH SMILE LOL) So im 100% on-board with the MK8.5 GTI exterior, that spoiler on the GTI? Wha. Just sad they F'd up the interior and transmission. I can't wait for this "lets slap a big-ass ipad on the dash and call it a day" trend to F-off. I mean, the MK8 interior was going in the right direction, it just needed a few BUTTONS and more refinement to look "finished". (Look at the GLI)
I can't believe the 'effed up what was a well done implementation of digital gauges to center screen.
There was no need to ruin the aesthetics by turning that center screen into an ipad.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The 8.5 looks like a straight pipes video cover when they edit the grills to be bigger than they are to make fun of how overly large it is.

hammermortyy

Likes: Front bumper, dash/gauge cluster, aluminum sub frame, new conti turbo, still has an ICE engine
Dislikes: Rear tail lights, front DRLs, steering wheel, the seats, giant infotainment screen, chicken nugget shifter

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I don't like that LED stripe that goes across the grill.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
For me, this looks like a good enough upgrade to strongly consider an 8.5 R...but I would still keep my 7.5 GTI to complement it.

And that's only if they become more accessible without dealer markup.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Not ZhongZhong EA888 engines.... :ROFLMAO: