GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

nobitakkk

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI SEL
I have a 2015 with fender and have audio. It took a few tries to kick in. I also had to go in to the HU audio settings and change the bluetooth to high from low. volume was super low.
Did you buy your unit from the original thread on AliExpress? Do you mind sharing your long code for module 5F and 47? I wanna compare with mine and see if there's anything else I can try.

blackgold

Ready to race!
Did you buy your unit from the original thread on AliExpress? Do you mind sharing your long code for module 5F and 47? I wanna compare with mine and see if there's anything else I can try.
Yes I did. I ordered from lemonshark, I got the D model. They were out of A but said it's the same. I changed these two settings
From the top of page 3:

Check that Byte 19 Most is set to On in addition to the coding you did for setting Byte 11 Sound System to Sound System external MOST.

blackgold

Ready to race!
Well, I can't say with certainty that TechniSat/Preh units can't work with the existing amplifier. But if we go down the path of assuming they can't, your choices are:
  • Keep the existing unit and get a MIB2 amplifier (which should have component protection that needs to be removed if used)
  • Get a Delphi MIB2 unit and keep the existing MIB1 amplifier
  • Get a Chinese Delphi MIB2 standard special unit (i.e., the one discussed in this thread) with a 9.2" display and keep the existing MIB1 amplifier; North American maps and SiriusXM will not work. You are able to keep the existing amplifier in this case as the units are manufactured by Delphi. I think two people in this thread have audio working on 2015 Fender cars with these units.
  • Get a North American Harman MIB2 High with a 9.2" display and get a MIB2 amplifier (which should have component protection that needs to be removed if used)
I have read that some people say that MIB2 units working with MIB1 Fender or Dynaudio is kind of a hack that may not produce the best audio quality, but I have no data to substantiate that claim.
Hey. I don't know what the standard is but when you check on vehicle status? It says add
Camera. If you hit that it says function not currently available.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4162.jpeg
    IMG_4162.jpeg
    759.1 KB · Views: 52

blackgold

Ready to race!
I think that means there is no parking assist (verify that there is no module 10 or 76 in the OBDeleven list). I am not particularly optimistic that these will solve the problem, but worth a shot.

5F → Adaptations → Car Function List BAP Gen2 → Parking assist 0x0A → Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F → Adaptations → Car Function Adaptations Gen2 → Menu display pdc → Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F → Adaptations → Car Function Adaptations Gen2 → Menu display pdc over threshold high → Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F → Adaptations → Car Function List CAN Gen2 → PDC audio lowering → Change from Activated to Not Activated

Can you hear or see that the rear view camera is flipping outwards when you shift into reverse? Is it just a black screen?
Me again... I do not have 10 or 74 listed as control units. I went through your settings and made the changes. The add camera prompt disappeared from the vehicle status screen and I still hear the camera engaging but no change on screen. I appreciate the help.

blackgold

Ready to race!
I don't remember if it did this before but ive
Got the ez retrofit cluster. When I go into reverse I see it says video on the cluster
But nothing happens.

Attachments

• IMG_4171.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 45

blackgold

Ready to race!
lol. Wtf.... I guess we're good now! I moved it from one garage to shop garage an hour ago with no camer... 🤷🏻‍♂️yes I was restarting the car after changes.
Thanks for the tips!
Brian

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 38

blackgold

Ready to race!
I think any USB cables that send data will do for Carplay, assuming you are asking the cable to connect to your phone?
I think we have a different setup. 2015s had the older style cable then got the adapter but it won't work on an iphone I don't think. I think I need to replace the plug with a new set up.

Thanks!
Brian

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
What i am trying to work out is if you can change the maps to ROW region for AU/NZ
This crowd looks to be doing it but at a huge markup.
I have a VCDS but unsure if its just a coding or hw lockdown.
https://eurospeedparts.com.au/produ...em-mib-2-5-upgrade-kit?variant=45259529322818
That link shows a main unit manufactured by Harman versus this thread discussing units manufactured by Delphi for China market cars unless I am missing something. Can't speak to unlocking navigation map regions for the 'special' Delphi China market units, but attempts to get North American maps working for these units were not successful.

msoffice95

Car(s)
14" MK7 GTI
That link shows a main unit manufactured by Harman versus this thread discussing units manufactured by Delphi for China market cars unless I am missing something. Can't speak to unlocking navigation map regions for the 'special' Delphi China market units, but attempts to get North American maps working for these units were not successful.
I am looking at the Aliexpress ones but that site has them listed for 2.5k vs 1k i cant imagine they are just getting them from VW.

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
My car doesn't have performance monitor and drive profile.

Anyone know if it would appear if I purchase this set?
Thanks

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My car doesn't have performance monitor and drive profile.

Anyone know if it would appear if I purchase this set?
Thanks
I think there's a good chance that performance monitor will be enabled. I would just ask the seller to confirm and ask them to activate it for you they don't actuated by default for whatever reason.

Drive profiles don't really have anything to do with infotainment. The information about the settings in each profile is displayed on the infotainment and you can customize individual mode there. But driving profiles would work just fine without the infotainment unit installed at all. That was a long way of saying if your car does not have driving profiles now you won't get them by doing this or any other infotainment system upgrade.