7.5 GTI
Aerofabb side skirts on…. Having a buddy to hold in place is a must
IMG_5720.jpeg
IMG_5723.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That bent spot where someone lifted it improperly hurts my soul.
Yup, I been saying to get some skirts that just hide the rocker there (mk7 R, isweep, oettinger)…. It seems the new skirts just accentuate the bend/wave since it’s giving a straight line to compare to🤷🏼‍♂️

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That bent spot where someone lifted it improperly hurts my soul.

Yep. It's happened to my car twice - both times were accidents and covered by the shop, but come on lol.

Yup, I been saying to get some skirts that just hide the rocker there (mk7 R, isweep, oettinger)…. It seems the new skirts just accentuate the bend/wave since it’s giving a straight line to compare to🤷🏼‍♂️
Believe it or not, it was like that from the factory…8 miles when I bought it and noticed after delivery.

Edit…. Just remembered there was a time when a ramp got caught under the car…. That might have been it lol. But the original skirt was always off

Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Am I safe to say this is a 4DO? I'm planning on ordering now if it is... if not I will check again when I get home, I forgot to check yesterday and took a quick pic when I got to work at 5:30 am. It was a little too hot for me to pull the clip out.

I really wanted to make my own, but since all my tools are in storage and the house builders have not broken ground yet I think it is time to get one. I have the Ruth's at the apartment, so as soon as this comes in I am heading on base to the DIY to swap them out.

View attachment 299136
Yeah, that's 4D0.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Washed two months of filth off the car. Supposed to rain Sunday but it had to be done.
I feel this. I do the same.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Did some more work on refining my custom "Golf R" tune for my GTI. AKA replicating the stock Golf R power curve. It's below my max-effort stage 1 tune's power levels, but it is a fun power band that doesn't stress the turbo and engine as hard. Still needs a little more work in the 4500-5500 area. What I love so much about DIY tuning is the ability to completely customize tunes like this and switch between multiple variants on the fly.

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Installed and it's perfect. No additional hardware required, everything they sent me worked ezpz. Schroth Rallye3.

View attachment 299184
Helpful reading in case anyone wants to understand requirements for HPDE stuff:
https://nasaspeed.news/tech/safety/smart-and-safe-hpde-seatbelt-options/

Also important to note that track rules supersede organization rules, so even though say NASA might allow a dot belt that has a label with the car make/model and year listing on it, the track owner may say it's factory or roll cage only. If going to a new track, keep what you need around to reverse the harness install.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Test drove a '19 CFB Rabbit and a white mk8 SE back to back today. I gotta say, I might be a mk8 fanboy now......

....if it wasn't constantly throwing sensor errors during the drive. FFS, VW.

But TBH, I found all the touch and infotainment controls fairly easy to pick up and use. And overall it's pretty nice car. Power feels good, chassis feels good, steering wheel is nice, very little piano black plastics, seats are nice, very clean aesthetic.

Last edited: