GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’m not the sharpest crayon in the pack, but I think you def need a rebuild or massive boring of the cylinders

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Dual gates, one on each header. The two gates Y from dual 1.75” into single 2.5” that’ll Y into 4” after the T56 so all of the fire exits out the factory drivers side exhaust tip location.

He already had dual 44mm gates, and I suspect a single 60mm could’ve done it more simply, but not my call.View attachment 298713View attachment 298714View attachment 298715View attachment 298716View attachment 298717

We’re very space limited at the firewall because he wanted to re use existing headers, so this is best case scenario to prevent boost creep/drive pressure issues.

78mm single on a 6.0 should make 11psi by about 3k rpm, and he’s gonna rev it to 7-8k.
If he already had the wg, and that's what he wanted, then sure. Like you, I don't see the need as a single 60 would had done the job, but after seeing that he is running a cast divided turbo inlet I think it was even easier to package the twin set up. With the exception of the extra piping going around.

This made the packaging a nightmare. Using front facing manifold would make the build so much easier and better to package in there. You would still need a piece of the oval, as I had to use one on my build, but the wastegate and downpipe would have so much more room.

On that 6.0 he should be close to 11 at 3k, I was hitting 8 at 22-2500 on my 5.7 LS1 shifting up before 6k on a PT 7475. Not a lot of hp, but it was really fun to drive. Went from 327 stock with LT headers, so a 175 hp gain for a little work was worth it for me.

1706891462371.png

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Finished prepping the MK7 for Eurotripper today. Riding out tmrw morning at 7am with SFLMK7. Looking forward to it. Anyone going?

I repolished the hood since I had a high spot. Straight down the hood on the drivers side I had a high spot when I did the ceramic coating a couple weeks ago. Came off fairly easy. This time around I was able to do the ceramic coating during the day making it SOO much easier to see where you’re at. Hood looks 100x’s better now that I don’t have half the hood looking darker.

Here’s how it looked. Top was highspot, bottom was polished (removed highspot)
IMG_5240.jpeg

Also, deep cleaned the wheels, brakes, interior, polished the exhaust tips, repainted the top portion of the srs flares & painted over the Kliiwerks vinyl on the rear emblem since color was super faded

1696BE68-E6EF-4307-B58E-4E0EB0B4DD1E.jpeg
IMG_5251.jpeg
IMG_5243.jpeg
IMG_5246.jpeg
IMG_5247.jpeg
IMG_5250.jpeg
IMG_5252.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Exchanged it for a mobile damper lab. Heading out to my next tuning trip to the Frankfurt area on Monday.
IMG_6768.jpeg

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Did the 034 lowering springs + ball joints, and took to a friend's shop to align it.

Next step: engineer a proper bump steer solution.

And a car wash. Fuck I hate doing that.

Attachments

• IMG_7359.jpeg
    IMG_7359.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7374.jpeg
    IMG_7374.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7351.jpeg
    IMG_7351.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7373.jpeg
    IMG_7373.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7372.jpeg
    IMG_7372.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Got new tires in August (DWS06); turns out the installer didn't balance them correctly (or didn't do it at all) and started getting some gnarly vibrations above 75mph. Had them re-balanced by a more competent shop; also had them do an alignment while it was there. Wasn't too bad, though now my steering wheel is slightly off-center.. might take it back tomorrow to have that looked at.

Also sadly got two rock chips in the passenger headlight lens.. doubt much can be done there so trying to ignore it :\

Attachments

• IMG_6975.jpeg
    IMG_6975.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6976.jpeg
    IMG_6976.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Noticed I still a f#^%ing oil leak....

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
No way….
Yep, it's going to have to go back to the local Euro shop here. I dont have a lift and can't get the car high enough on jack stands to properly look and see what the deal is. My only guess is I didnt use enough gasket maker on the new metal oil pan. Not sure, I thought I was using an appropriate amount, just like on any other car. It could be the oil sensor o ring too, but I changed that out and put the new one on? IDK, will try to get the car in at their nearest availability. On a good note, by best friend came to Texas over the weekend for my wedding, and I took him for a ride, since the last time he rode I was still an IS20/ Unitronic car. His reaction was dumbfounded, he couldnt believe how fast it is lol. When I hit boost in 3rd and he looked at me his facial expression was priceless lmao.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
What did you paint that with, house paint? Looks terrible from that picture.
Lol it came out rough asf not perfect. I used the Dr Color Chip paint and a regular paint brush. The paint in the bottle is way past its shelf life.
I don't mind since it something so small. I could easily remove the stickers and redo it with a new 3m vinyl. Klwii is no longer selling them no more sadly.