GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

messrock

Autocross Champion
I've often wondered: if someone can do their job remotely, but they are required to commute to the office even during severe weather...could the company be held liable for accidents/injuries during the commute? The person didn't have to go in to do their job.
The court will always side with the company. You know why.

cb1111

I agree with you.

But in this thought experiment, I don't have to be physically present on-site. I don't even have to get in my car in order to do my work. Car's new, maintenance up to date, winter tires, 4x4, I've been to professional winter driving school, driving well under speed limit, etc. etc. etc. ........ the only reason I'm on the road during severe weather, instead of on my couch, is because my boss said so. Every other mitigating factor on my end has been mitigated. How is the risk not now the company's?
Short answer - you don't have to work there.

The longer answer feeds into the short answer - maybe

Take personalities out of the request to have you come in and ask yourself (not your snowed in self, but your "I'm an employee and looking out for the needs of the company" self) "is there a valid business reason for me to be physically at the worksite?" - if so, then suck it up.

If not, then your boss might be a jerk and you need to decide if you really want to work there.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I agree with you.

But in this thought experiment, I don't have to be physically present on-site. I don't even have to get in my car in order to do my work. Car's new, maintenance up to date, winter tires, 4x4, I've been to professional winter driving school, driving well under speed limit, etc. etc. etc. ........ the only reason I'm on the road during severe weather, instead of on my couch, is because my boss said so. Every other mitigating factor on my end has been mitigated. How is the risk not now the company's?
Grasping at straws. Find a new job with a boss that isn't a dick.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
This was just meant to be "...but what if?", guys. My reality is fine.

==

Lunch is chicken fajita leftovers, done up as a bowl but I do have the option of tortilla-ing if I want.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
This was just meant to be "...but what if?", guys. My reality is fine.

==

Lunch is chicken fajita leftovers, done up as a bowl but I do have the option of tortilla-ing if I want.
Our local grocery store has fajita chicken and I'm really tempted. Toss it in pasta with some white sauce, onions, tomatoes, and cilantro? That'd be fantastic.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I agree with you.

Simply put, our nation’s work culture gives more of a fuck about your employer than it does you.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Speaking of shitty bosses.

CSB:

I had to go into the mothership yesterday to get my new ID card. Ran into a former boss of mine heading down to the temporary ID card area. I left that office in July on a lateral transfer to the shittiest division simply to escape the management I was working under for a decade. They approved the transfer as a last “fuck you” on my way out. Up to that point I’d been making it to the reference/last stage of the hiring process for over two years, but not getting positions. Having moved to a new division, I was out from under their cloud and 5mo later I accepted an amazing position, one of those jobs everyone in the division fights to get.

So it was amazing seeing my old boss in the halls.

Old boss: [smirking] hey how’s the new job?
Me: the new job, or the new new job?
Old boss: wait, the new new job?
Me: yeah I moved to [shitty team] in July, and I started with [new team] in January, it’s been pretty amazing.
Old boss: [visibly angry] well good for you.
Me: yeah, was the oddest thing, I’d been applying for jobs left and right for years, and nothing. I moved to [shitty team] and I get promoted in less than 6mo.
Old boss: ….that’s good
Me: [shit eating grin]

TLDR: I had a Pretty Woman moment.

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
The company isn't responsible for what happens on your commute on the way to office.

In the same way you aren't forced to work that job, so if you have a company that forces you drive in, try driving to more interviews at other places.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
GF says she doesn’t like pop up headlights and thinks they’re “stupid”

Idk if I can be with her anymore
1707854531938.png

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Good news
Bad news

Plow blade no longer moves, you can see and hear it trying but nope

I was 90% done and even better it's stuck in the up position

8-10" of heavy wet snow