GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
I saw something like this on Legit Street Cars the other day. I might go ahead and buy one with multiple nozzles: 7 nozzle pressure washer

That looks brilliant! i ordered a four nozzle model as i only have a small electric pressure washer pretty much just for washing the car. Not sure it can handle even four nozzles. We'll find out. It's not like i'm stripping paint with it, right?

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
IMG_5765.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Talked to the shop that did my clutch about the persistent oil leak even after the metal oil pan upgrade. He thinks it just needs to be re-sealed but I know 2 of the bolts were difficult to get in. They are the 2 that are hidden behind the intercooler piping on the rear-facing side of the pan. Not sure why as all the others went in easy, but those 2 were a pain to get in. Planning on dropping the car off tomorrow.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Talked to the shop that did my clutch about the persistent oil leak even after the metal oil pan upgrade. He thinks it just needs to be re-sealed but I know 2 of the bolts were difficult to get in. They are the 2 that are hidden behind the intercooler piping on the rear-facing side of the pan. Not sure why as all the others went in easy, but those 2 were a pain to get in. Planning on dropping the car off tomorrow.
man I know how this must be nagging in the back of your head...it would for me. Hopefully they reseal and it fixes the issue.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
man I know how this must be nagging in the back of your head...it would for me. Hopefully they reseal and it fixes the issue.
Yea historically my luck is always worse case scenario and they tell me threads are stripped and they have to re-tap them, or worse yet and they can't re-tap them which equals new motor.

-I may not be driving it for a while.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yea historically my luck is always worse case scenario and they tell me threads are stripped and they have to re-tap them, or worse yet and they can't re-tap them which equals new motor.

-I may not be driving it for a while.
if they can't retap them, you'd get a new upper oil pan, not a new engine

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
if they can't retap them, you'd get a new upper oil pan, not a new engine
Thanks. Learn something every day. I can breathe a little easier because I miss driving my GTI.