GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Finally washed the daily drivers.
IMG_3519.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I like how the app has the calculator built right in, and that there’s no extra gauge floating around.
No kidding…. Still learning and now debating E30 vs 85 lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
No kidding…. Still learning and now debating E30 vs 85 lol
Pretty sure your oem LPFP is not gonna be adequate for full E or even e60 with that turbo unless you dial down the boost to keep the required volume low enough.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Pretty sure your oem LPFP is not gonna be adequate for full E or even e60 with that turbo unless you dial down the boost to keep the required volume low enough.
Great point AJ

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Good to know actually and with that calculator, easy as pie
I always add a gallon of E85 to whatever it says my ratio is on the calculator, that gets me right about E30, sometimes a little higher.

Not too big of an inconvenience really. Think it depends on how close to E85 your pumps actually are. I’ve never tried to check, that’s not worth the hassle to me.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
finally performed and survived the waterpump swap. While I had the stuff off I did my China intake manifold, the horrendously bad fitting (1st gen) A2b mpi. Kit😡, oil change, cleaned air filter, and a new coolant res. & cap cause the last one was extremely dingy. Would love to put my engine cover back on but, you can’t fit the bracket back on the head with this kit…
IMG_9441.jpeg

And a shot of the plug in car from a few nights ago cause I loved how the red looked 😅
IMG_9406.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That thing is fucking fire. How do you like it? Would you do it again?
After 7 months of owning it and driving it now 3 times to LA… I can say I’ve never been this happy with a vehicle! It’s everything I could want in a daily driver for the way I drive and use the vehicle, it’s dead quiet with road noise, handles great and in very predictable and balanced in regards to over/understeer - weirdly minimal body roll for a 4800lbs vehicle. The way you can control the amount of regen is excellent as having the off pedal instant regen is great for aggressive commute driving (riding peoples asses😂) Esp cause I have regen in a auto mode so it’s amount of regen is depicted by what’s in front of you. Having the highways drive assist is great is stop and go traffic as you just engage it and let the car do its thing lol. The amount of power and instant TQ is just great as there is no build up, and while I get that it’s a common thing for us car folks to say “oh but it’s got no sound or soul,lol” the fact that you can “stealthily” Wide open it is great to me for a daily driver. Pluging it in at home like we all do with our cell phones has become second nature for me and the fact that I’m paying about $5.45 for 200+ miles of range is nice. It’s effortlessly fast as hell and you never get tired of the way it throws you back in the seat😂, but I can say I got used to it now and wouldn’t mind it being like plaid level fast now, but I still can’t bring myself to get a car that’s just so damn common.