GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
About to upload new tune.

AP manager needs an update…. Start updating and what do I see? Ethanol and flex added to logs

IMG_5777.jpeg

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I always add a gallon of E85 to whatever it says my ratio is on the calculator, that gets me right about E30, sometimes a little higher.

Not too big of an inconvenience really. Think it depends on how close to E85 your pumps actually are. I’ve never tried to check, that’s not worth the hassle to me.
I usually do about 2 gallons of e85 and 8 gallons of 93 when i fill up in the summer. Never had a gage but the math put me in the right range. Once I accidentally let the e85 pump 7 gallons before i realized and then topped off with 3 gallons of 93. all was fine luckily, but i didnt beat on it at all and topped off with 93 every day iterating the blend calculator with the previous days percentage as my starting, until it was back down to e30-ish

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1708648361477.png

1708648392577.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
sooooo CEL-free?

ps that turbo's looking itty bitty, I bet a Vortex XL would fill the space nicely ;) 😂

Full write up in my build thread.

Give it two years. 4 years seems to be the length of time for me to forget and repeat things, so we'll see.

Plus, that would be 3 years with this R, which would be the perfect time to trade it in. After parting it out with only having the turbo on for 4 months, of course. 8 R's should be in the mid $30k range by then, right?!

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Full write up in my build thread.

Give it two years. 4 years seems to be the length of time for me to forget and repeat things, so we'll see.

Plus, that would be 3 years with this R, which would be the perfect time to trade it in. After parting it out with only having the turbo on for 4 months, of course. 8 R's should be in the mid $30k range by then, right?!
I saw that after the fact, I tend to open a bunch of tabs first thing in the morning from the alerts and then just go through and catch up for an hour or so before doing work stuff 😂 I still don't understand how you and rice do it, I get attached to cars way too quickly

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I saw that after the fact, I tend to open a bunch of tabs first thing in the morning from the alerts and then just go through and catch up for an hour or so before doing work stuff 😂 I still don't understand how you and rice do it, I get attached to cars way too quickly

At least in my situation, it's pretty easy when you're trading the car in for almost the exact same thing, multiple times 🤣

Fr Fr no cap though, I still have no intentions of getting rid of this car.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
What did I do? Screwed up trying to get some dried bird shit off it. I know next to nothing about detailing; any easy way to polish these scratches out? I swear the clear coat on these cars is softer than melted crayons.

IMG_7026.jpeg

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
What did I do? Screwed up trying to get some dried bird shit off it. I know next to nothing about detailing; any easy way to polish these scratches out? I swear the clear coat on these cars is softer than melted crayons.

View attachment 299763
Assuming you have no detailing tools or supplies, I would go to walmart and grab a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Compound and a Bottle of Ultimate Polish along with a couple applicator pads and some microfibers. Use the compound first with the applicator pad and hand polish it, wipe away with the microfiber and see how it looks. May take a few passes. Then finish it off with the polish, which will bring the deep shine back into the paint and eliminate any haziness from the compound.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

View attachment 299763
I've had fair luck just using a microfiber and ONR wash & wax diluted

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
@bobloblawGTI Seek out your nearest touch-more car wash and blend the rest of the car to match your problem area.
The thought crossed my mind!

Assuming you have no detailing tools or supplies, I would go to walmart and grab a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Compound and a Bottle of Ultimate Polish along with a couple applicator pads and some microfibers. Use the compound first with the applicator pad and hand polish it, wipe away with the microfiber and see how it looks. May take a few passes. Then finish it off with the polish, which will bring the deep shine back into the paint and eliminate any haziness from the compound.
I've had fair luck just using a microfiber and ONR wash & wax diluted
Tremendous; thank you both!