GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Ultralink - At Home Flash Tuning is Here!

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
We haven't made any changes lately. I've put in a request with the Ultralink team to make sure it shows your current version and new version so you know if an update is available or not.
One more thing I just tried to identify my car and I got the following error whether just trying to update the ultralink or identify my car. Weird it also might be my old Surface Pro and my other personal PC is a MacBook and I doubt I'd be able to access the site from my OEM work engineering laptop lol...

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 5.43.43 PM.png

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Did you get the message to connect to the "HTG Device" in the browser before getting to this step? If not, it did not connect to the ultralink, so it will fail. Make sure you are using a chrome based browser (like google chrome) and a full x86 windows based operating system.

If this still happens with with those steps above confirmed, shoot our support team an email with your login name and we'll check the logs and start a support ticket for a bug fix if necessary.

support@goapr.com or call +1 334 502 5181

Thanks!

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Did you get the message to connect to the "HTG Device" in the browser before getting to this step? If not, it did not connect to the ultralink, so it will fail. Make sure you are using a chrome based browser (like google chrome) and a full x86 windows based operating system.

If this still happens with with those steps above confirmed, shoot our support team an email with your login name and we'll check the logs and start a support ticket for a bug fix if necessary.

support@goapr.com or call +1 334 502 5181

Thanks!
Yes I got the HTG Device connection portion. I’ll reach out via email.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie

No, it isn't true and Arin is merely dancing around the issue as he is trying to imply that, but still maintain plausible deniability.

See...

That isn't really true either, is it?

If, in fact, you flash without increasing the count each time, then the limit is still there, it just isn't reached.

Why don't you focus on explaining what the flag means and when it makes a difference.

Right now - and this is obvious from the comments - you are trying to imply that you've gotten "around" the flag - which is clearly not correct.
Good lord dude, at no time have they made a claim of getting around the flag. Stop being an obtuse goofball. Try reading. You're a giant TROLL. You are literally making up something that APR never stated, and arguing with nobody about what you have made up. Just go away.

cb1111

Good lord dude, at no time have they made a claim of getting around the flag. Stop being an obtuse goofball. Try reading. You're a giant TROLL. You are literally making up something that APR never stated, and arguing with nobody about what you have made up. Just go away.
Good lord dude, yourself. If you're going to quote a multi-quoted message and try to piss all over it, then you need to quote the whole thing.

The discussion you quoted centered around the flash counter and you can clearly see that Arin said that the limit is removed.

That clearly isn't true.

For reference, here is a screenshot of the whole post. Feel free if you feel the need to respond and make more of a fool of yourself, but I'm not going to respond.

1709685546040.png

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
This is not a legal proceeding, who cares about plausible deniability?
Are we missing information that will have any material impact on anything at this point?

- The limit is not 100, Arin was wrong... the open source guys have proven that.
- IF a limit exists for the counter in question on this ECU no one has reached it (or posted about it, at least).
--- If you are flashing with this tool you won't reach the limit of the counter in question (assuming there is a limit) because the tool resets it.
--- So no the limit is not technically removed, but you won't reach it so... who cares?
- Flashing back to stock will not prevent a TD1... we already knew that (but decided to go through it again here).
- You flash your ECU, you risk warranty coverage for related/affected systems... we know this.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Are we all the neglected kids in this scenario?