GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Imported MK7 GTI from Japan - No sound at all

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@Spod : OK - maybe I wasn't sufficiently clear. My previous response assumed that this car had an Active Info Display (AID)- meaning a instrument cluster that does NOT have the normal 2 x mechanical clock-dials. If this car has the bog-standard dashboard, then it won't need MOST cables for the instrument gauges.

However and regardless of build year 2014 - if this car has a MQB platform (i.e. a 5Q0 chassis) it WILL have a MOST bus if it has a factory installed TV Tuner

So, look at my MOST diagram again and consider what happens if this car has NO AID and if there is NO external amplifier. After you disconnect the TV Tuner, the car will have NO need of any MOST facility - hence no need for a by-pass loop cable. Again, if there is NO remaining modules on the MOST ring after you remove the TV Tuner - simply tell the MIB to disable MOST by setting Byte 19, Bit 5=0

Don

Spod

Car(s)
2014 1.4Tsi ACT
So I think we're MOSTly there... πŸ˜‚

I had a look under the drivers seat, just, as it's well hidden there is a box there, I can see the orange fibre optic stuff but to be honest I'll leave it there, the faff of taking the seat out to get to it and save probably 1-1.5kg in weight of a box plus then potentially buying the loop cable I can't be bothered with.
I looked under the passenger seat and can't see anything, didn't think I had an external amp or Dynaudio etc.

Thanks for your informative post about removing the TV tuner, I had a look and it's not ticked anyway so we're all good.

I've applied the following tweaks:-
5F β†’ Long Coding β†’ Byte 19 β†’ Bit4 β†’ Ticked/activated
This brought the reversing camera back into life.

It was complaining about Park pilot in the GUI which I don't have although would like to fit at some point, so looking about...
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function Adaptations Gen2 β†’ Menu display pdc β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function Adaptations Gen2 β†’ Menu display pdc over threshold high β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function List CAN Gen2 β†’ PDC audio lowering β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated

I do have lane assist (camera in top of front screen) and was missing the options in the GUI...
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function Adaptations Gen2 β†’ Menu display Lane Departure Warning β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function Adaptations Gen2 β†’ Menu display Lane Departure Warning over threshold high β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function Adaptations Gen2 β†’ Menu display lane assistant β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function Adaptations Gen2 β†’ Menu display lane assistant over threshold high β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function List BAP Gen2 β†’ LDW HCA 0x19 β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated
5F β†’ Adaptations β†’ Car Function List BAP Gen2 β†’ SWA 0x1A β†’ Change from Activated to Not Activated

Above mostly thanks to this post

I cleared the B201A error with xory

I do seem to have gained these two settings below which I don't have and when I try and change it says they are not available if anyone has any bright ideas before I start googling.

IMG_7317.jpg

I'm down to four fault codes with two being known

5F Multimedia
System description: MU-S-ND-ER
Software number: 3Q0035874C
Software version: 0842
Hardware number: 3Q0035874C
Hardware version: 851

Faults:
B127013 - Antenna amplifier 1 for digital radio
Open circuit
static
Priority - 6
Malfunction frequency counter - 1
Unlearning counter - 197
km-Mileage - 81976 km
Dynamic environmental data - 028677182E010200131380B72901
date - 2024-03-03 11:42:12

U111100 - Function limitation due to missing message
static
Priority - 6
Unlearning counter - 197
km-Mileage - 81976 km
Dynamic environmental data - 028677184402
date - 2024-03-03 11:42:15

U11B800 - Interface for external media
No communication
static
Priority - 4
Unlearning counter - 197
km-Mileage - 81976 km
Dynamic environmental data - 02867718E801
date - 2024-03-03 11:42:11

U110100 - Component protection active
static
Priority - 4
Unlearning counter - 197
km-Mileage - 81976 km
Dynamic environmental data - 028677
date - 2024-03-03 11:42:11

Known
DAB radio aerial is on order.
CP for obvious reasons.

Unknown
U111100 - Function limitation due to missing message
U11B800 - Interface for external media

I can potentially live with the above although it'll bug my OCD.
Need to drive about and use the car to see if I'm missing anything else.
I'm fairly sure in performance monitor i'm missing oil temp and turbo pressure? but not even sure the car might have the sensors for these to feedback.

Oh and just remembered I can't get the USB port that I changed to (5G0 035 222 E) to pickup my iPhone for Carplay, I have Byte 19 USB set to Usb ipod.
An adaptation, Interface for external media on connection1 is set to activated.
Carplay is enabled and codes there but not picking it up yet.

Edit
Not sure the USB port is active yet, formatted an 8gb drive as FAT32, place to mp2 on it but in media the USB option is greyed out.

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
To remove the BSM table in your screenshot, which is called "Lane Departure Warning" (LDW) in the 5F Module - do this:
Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-
  • LDW_HCA_0x19 > not activated
  • LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus> no activated

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
@Spod you can tell if your vw badge flips for the cam if you hear a clicking/thunking sound. it's very obvious if your environment is quiet. or just setup a mirror behind your car and enter reverse.

Spod

Car(s)
2014 1.4Tsi ACT
@ksurl I have the reverse camera working now.
After the MIB2 swap it continued to move/clunk but I saw no picture on the screen.
Once I applied 5F β†’ Long Coding β†’ Byte 19 β†’ Bit4 β†’ Ticked/activated the picture activated on the screen.
It also retained the passenger mirror folding down in reverse as well.