GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Already gapped some EcoBoost ones.

*Seriously considering getting the MPI and a RS3 LPFP put in. I dont want to spin an IS38 outside of its efficiency map, but the car honestly feels like there is more top-end. I've got some fairly old gas in the tank from pre-clutch change that is just now getting to empty, plan to get some 93 Sunoco and mix with another round of Lucas Oil Octane Booster and see how she feels.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I figured Houston would have plenty of E85 around? There's way more power with more timing. Can obliterate those tires.
When I lived in Houston there was shockingly little E85, especially where I was.

Surprisingly, now that I live in Tulsa I have E85 stations all over the place.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
1709565962330.png

Ceramic Coated my new wheels with Gyeon Rim at my dads yesterday. Went on super easy and the added gloss is awesome. Install scheduled for Saturday.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
View attachment 300301
Ceramic Coated my new wheels with Gyeon Rim at my dads yesterday. Went on super easy and the added gloss is awesome. Install scheduled for Saturday.
glad you coated those....you don't want to clean them very often......man the amount of spokes, crevasse and angles lol

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
glad you coated those....you don't want to clean them very often......man the amount of spokes, crevasse and angles lol
yeah once i was doing the coating and really getting in the spokes i realized how much back pain i just saved myself in the future 😂 and I'm super anal about my car being clean so hopefully this should makes the wheels a breeze. Usually takes me an hour or two to get the whole car spotless and waxed.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
yeah once i was doing the coating and really getting in the spokes i realized how much back pain i just saved myself in the future 😂 and I'm super anal about my car being clean so hopefully this should makes the wheels a breeze. Usually takes me an hour or two to get the whole car spotless and waxed.
ceramic coating mine has made getting brake dust off a breeze.....wish I had learned this lesson years ago

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
ceramic coating mine has made getting brake dust off a breeze.....wish I had learned this lesson years ago
Eventually I want to coat my own car, figured wheels were a decent introduction to coatings and the application process. Now I just need to learn how to polish and correct paint before I try doing a whole coating but doing the wheels gave me a bit of confidence when it comes to coating. Gonna do my friends wheels once hes ready to put them back on his car.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I figured Houston would have plenty of E85 around? There's way more power with more timing. Can obliterate those tires.
There is a Sunoco with really good E85 right near me, but I have thought about running ignite red because I can get a deal on it. Once coils are raised and I get the meatier tires up front, I will then get the MPI and LPFP, and then we will see about a matching tune? Maybe it will push me over 400 lol.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Started the coilover install. This one's not quite fully seated, I think I'm going to need to set the height lower and set the damping to full soft, and then continue to wiggle and fight with it. Thankfully I've got all the time in the world, so there's no rush. We'll see how cold it is over the next few days, and how motivated I am.

1000006037.jpg