GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Question in terms of activating ABS when following the brake bleeding procedure in the first post.

How are people going about activating ABS?

Are they just driving up to a certain mph and slamming on the brakes or maybe go to a place where the ground is a bit loose and apply the brakes.

I did read some are activating during the bedding process so I guess my first option listed maybe the preferred way.

I did a TTRS caliper swap and also did rotors/pads/lines on the rear as well so I’m just doing some braking miles before I activate ABS and do a final (hopefully) bleed.
brake hard on a loose surface until you feel the wheels lock up

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
My Macan brake days are over, gents. It was a good ride while it lasted. I hope the thread helped you. See you on the other side.
Just swap them over. Serious question tho.... will they fit on a Mk8?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My Macan brake days are over, gents. It was a good ride while it lasted. I hope the thread helped you. See you on the other side.

Too bad you didn't put the stock brakes back on, I'd have grabbed a set of actual used bremby's for cheap.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Too bad you didn't put the stock brakes back on, I'd have grabbed a set of actual used bremby's for cheap.
I'm too lazy to do car work twice. Once it's on the car, it's on.

I sold the PP's for $550, plus I helped install.

I do have a mishmash of leftover springs from my multiple Frankenstein setups.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Congrats on the MK8. Nice to see you sticking with 3 pedals.
Mk8 GTI clutch is the mk7 R clutch. Still not amazing, but it's much better and will hold stg 1 well.

I just couldn't see myself in a DSG. I know they're faster, but at the cost of your soul.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Mk8 GTI clutch is the mk7 R clutch. Still not amazing, but it's much better and will hold stg 1 well.

I just couldn't see myself in a DSG. I know they're faster, but at the cost of your soul.
Yeah plus you don’t need to chase the “fastest” setup when you have FWD anyways…

If I went with a different GTI I would stick with a manual, if I went R it would 100% be a DSG.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm too lazy to do car work twice. Once it's on the car, it's on.

I sold the PP's for $550, plus I helped install.

I do have a mishmash of leftover springs from my multiple Frankenstein setups.

Damn, I'm selling my R brakes to a member (and putting them on for him!) for half that!

Does the MK8 GTI use the same dual piston 357mm brakes the MK8 R uses?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Damn, I'm selling my R brakes to a member (and putting them on for him!) for half that!

Does the MK8 GTI use the same dual piston 357mm brakes the MK8 R uses?
No, they're PP.

SYMAWD

Car(s)
Audi A3
Got these on my 2015 A3 with 345mm Zimmerman rotors. They almost clear the stock 17" wheels, but probably need a 2mm spacer or so. I went with 15mm because I figured if I'm using a spacer, I might as well make it look good. For track use, I went with Neuspeed RSe05 17X8 so I won't need spacers on the track.

As daily pads I just use standard Brembo Macan pads. For the track, I got Carbotech XP12. Also did RS3 ducts.

And OEMtools makes this bleed adapter which makes it super easy to do both sides at once.

PXL_20240130_201056171.jpg

PXL_20240310_141508273.jpg

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
Got these on my 2015 A3 with 345mm Zimmerman rotors. They almost clear the stock 17" wheels, but probably need a 2mm spacer or so. I went with 15mm because I figured if I'm using a spacer, I might as well make it look good. For track use, I went with Neuspeed RSe05 17X8 so I won't need spacers on the track.

As daily pads I just use standard Brembo Macan pads. For the track, I got Carbotech XP12. Also did RS3 ducts.

And OEMtools makes this bleed adapter which makes it super easy to do both sides at once.

View attachment 300719
View attachment 300720
How is the pedal feel on your Macan calipers?