Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What wind deflector is that? Wanna get one when I eventually get roof racks
Inno wind fairing wrapped with extra vinyl and stickers I had

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Swapped the alternator, saved myself 2800$ doing it myself. Took 30 minutes and nothing special. Vw lied to me saying the noise I hear is a failing alternator, oh well it lasted 136000 miles.

Attachments

• 20240316_135414.jpg
    20240316_135414.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240316_135438.jpg
    20240316_135438.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240316_142818.jpg
    20240316_142818.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Will probably pick one of those up with the racks, thanks!
Forgot to mention….i mounted it to the VW oem rack with 3d printed mounts I bought from someone

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Does it need that mount though? On Inno website looks like it kind of clamps on. Might need the link on that 3d printed mount if so.
On his car It’s an inno faring on an oem rack, that’s why it needed extra parts.

I have a inno rack on my car with a Thule faring and with that brand miss match it still worked with the Thule brand mounts, it’s the oem rails that like fight with everything aftermarket lol : attachments, farings, THE WIND 😂

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Does it need that mount though? On Inno website looks like it kind of clamps on. Might need the link on that 3d printed mount if so.

On his car It’s an inno faring on an oem rack, that’s why it needed extra parts.

I have a inno rack on my car with a Thule faring and with that brand miss match it still worked with the Thule brand mounts, it’s the oem rails that like fight with everything aftermarket lol : attachments, farings, THE WIND 😂
AJ is kinda right. I got those 3d printed mounts because it mounted it more sleekly and snuggly, but the mounts that came with the fairing…..kinda worked-ish

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Well that’s a wild dealer in your area if they are claiming labor at $1800 for an alternator on an e888.3
Yeah, I really wish I had an invoice, but I saw red when he said it. It is VW of Corpus Christi, and they regularly price gouge since the only other dealership nearby is Brownville.