GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

R0dzilla7

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Got my new clutch & RMS in after almost 2 months of waiting for SB. Now 1000 miles of sane driving.

Unrelated to MK7, my daughter got her license & 2 days later dented the fender and ripped the bumper of the Scion reversing out of the garage. Also ripped the trim & sensor off the garage. I heard it from inside.

When i went out, she's holding the garage trim. "Dad, i don't know what this is. It just fell off." She had no idea she destroyed the car. She didn't hear or feel a thing. I could see the tire mark on the wall where she turned the wheel. No awareness whatsoever.
Which clutch did you get?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Dsame as
Which clutch did you get?
Another Southbend Stage 2 Endurance. The stage 3 was $400 more. I was good with this one. Lasted 45k miles. Should last longer, especially since i won't be tracking much in the foreseeable future. The other one had over 30 autocrosses & 10 track days.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My daughter is 14 right now. Can't wait.:rolleyes:
One thing to keep in mind is they don't listen. They might hear you, but they don't listen.

I practice panic stops with her in parking lots I've told her if i stay at STOP!. you put the clutch in and slam on the brakes.

So the i yell STOP!
"Do you want me to stop? Why do do you want to stop? There's nothing there."

😔.

Oh and you might tell them straight into the garage and straight out. They will forgot that by the time they get the next Snapchat

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
One thing to keep in mind is they don't listen. They might hear you, but they don't listen.

I practice panic stops with her in parking lots I've told her if i stay at STOP!. you put the clutch in and slam on the brakes.

So the i yell STOP!
"Do you want me to stop? Why do do you want to stop? There's nothing there."

😔.

Oh and you might tell them straight into the garage and straight out. They will forgot that by the time they get the next Snapchat
Dude, mine is 2.5. Doesn’t listen to shit.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

They tune you out pretty early.

We like to think we were different, but i didn't listen to shit my parents said. If i did, I'd probably be retired right now living in Bali, instead of startng over at 46

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Mine is just under that. If it involves snacks or going outside his command of the English language is incredible. For anything else he's now willing to raise eyebrows and hear you out but what you say has no measurable correlation with his immediate actions.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Installed a CTS intake, 034 TIP, and sent off a log with the new mods to EQT.

The turbo intake noise sounds so nice now.

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Added some anti seize on the turbo actuator arm. Do it every few months. Then I gave it a few hard pulls.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Got my GTI a friend. Was planning on getting a Tiguan, but got a Subie instead because my alter ego has been wanting one for a long time.
Already blacked out the huge rear reflectors. Had to pull the bumper off to wrap them because inlays suck. Feels interesting comparing these two very different platforms.

1000003653.jpg
20240427_161726.jpg

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got my GTI a friend. Was planning on getting a Tiguan, but got a Subie instead because my alter ego has been wanting one for a long time.
Already blacked out the huge rear reflectors. Had to pull the bumper off to wrap them because inlays suck. Feels interesting comparing these two very different platforms.

View attachment 303885View attachment 303886

RIP CVT