GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Now that I'm thinking about it, it probably was somewhere in your build thread. Before I made an account I'd just read a bunch while bored at work.

Yeah. With the standard shipping, it took almost 6 weeks to get to me from the date ordered. The second one took about half that, at 3 weeks. Those both include the ~2 weeks it takes to get them to actually make the wheel.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
you and your wheels/cars is like me and my suspensions/hpfps LOL

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Can you post a picture of the forged shifter trim? And maybe a link lol
It’s from sportshifters but it’s was custom made so no link… this was the original set I had them make,
IMG_4743.png
IMG_4744.png
IMG_4745.jpeg

but then switched to a cooler works shifter after a while so was only able to keep the trim and they tried a few different knobs 😅 current flavor is back to the original gray coolerworks knob,lol
IMG_2714.jpeg
IMG_1356.jpeg
IMG_1179.jpeg
IMG_3352.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^fawk that looks good.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
It’s from sportshifters but it’s was custom made so no link… this was the original set I had them make,
View attachment 301228View attachment 301229View attachment 301230

but then switched to a cooler works shifter after a while so was only able to keep the trim and they tried a few different knobs 😅 current flavor is back to the original gray coolerworks knob,lol
View attachment 301231View attachment 301232View attachment 301233View attachment 301234
Helluva ride there my man 👍

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'll have to look at a few vendors and see what they offer. Would really like an alcantara and leather option. Might do the 12 o'clock stripe too if they offer it.
I would steer you away from alcantara if you daily drive your car. It looks cool and feels nice at first, but gets gross pretty quickly. My other car has an alcantara wheel and I have to clean it with sonax all the time to keep it looking nice. And that's in a no food or drink car. It's just from hand grime.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
I would steer you away from alcantara if you daily drive your car. It looks cool and feels nice at first, but gets gross pretty quickly. My other car has an alcantara wheel and I have to clean it with sonax all the time to keep it looking nice. And that's in a no food or drink car. It's just from hand grime.
Damn, might just go perf leather on the sides and regular on top and bottom then. Thanks

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
View attachment 301228View attachment 301229View attachment 301230

View attachment 301231View attachment 301232View attachment 301233View attachment 301234
Oh wow, that's a very subtle look. Blends in beautifully.

I've been thinking about trying to get a forged carbon version of the parking brake handle, with the gloss plastic piece matching my wheel (which looks similar to yours). Hey, and we're seat twins too! Looks like I've got the peasant version of your car 😂 great stuff, looks fantastic. Shame it's custom, but if they're able to do that sort of stuff I'd be interested to see what else they're capable of doing. I looked at DIY options a while ago, but just don't have the time/patience.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Proper detail day for both cars.

View attachment 301321
Can't wait to move into a house (hopefully next month!) and finally have a driveway so I can build out my detail bay. Living in a townhouse with no driveway forces me to the self wash for a nice detail. Can't wait to do it at home with all my own stuff.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Can't wait to move into a house (hopefully next month!) and finally have a driveway so I can build out my detail bay. Living in a townhouse with no driveway forces me to the self wash for a nice detail. Can't wait to do it at home with all my own stuff.

Yeah, a garage is handy, regardless of how small it is. I live in the typical planned community here, and if I keep the garage decluttered I can park both cars in the garage no problem. The golf doesn't get driven much, so it can scoot over pretty good. Truck and the other half's Sti get the street parking treatment.

I usually do ONR on the vehicles, but bring these guys out on a six week interval for a proper clean.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Yeah, a garage is handy, regardless of how small it is. I live in the typical planned community here, and if I keep the garage decluttered I can park both cars in the garage no problem. The golf doesn't get driven much, so it can scoot over pretty good. Truck and the other half's Sti get the street parking treatment.

I usually do ONR on the vehicles, but bring these guys out on a six week interval for a proper clean.
The garage in my townhouse rn is chock full of junk and I fit my GTi and my girls i4 in pretty nicely. Hoping this new garage (in the house we just got approved for!!) is a little bigger.

I like washing my own car, kinda theraputic going thru all the steps so once we're in I wanna get a power washer + foam cannon so I can do it whenever I want. Pretty good about washing whenever it rains/gets dusty in Vegas so usually once every 2 weeks-ish. Now I'll just save the trip and $30 from the self wash.

Mass_Paul

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf MK7 GTI S
The garage in my townhouse rn is chock full of junk and I fit my GTi and my girls i4 in pretty nicely. Hoping this new garage (in the house we just got approved for!!) is a little bigger.

I like washing my own car, kinda theraputic going thru all the steps so once we're in I wanna get a power washer + foam cannon so I can do it whenever I want. Pretty good about washing whenever it rains/gets dusty in Vegas so usually once every 2 weeks-ish. Now I'll just save the trip and $30 from the self wash.
Washing, waxing, polishing my car is my "Happy Place". Foam Canon on the power washer, cordless orbital buffer and hand waxing. I just get lost in my thoughts for hours. No music needed. Now, if it will just stop being below 30 degrees here....