GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I ate some Reeses mini cups and a coke zero.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Got some leftover beef stew to eat. It's missing something seasoning-wise, so I'm not 100% thrilled to eat it. Not missing salt or pepper. Maybe rosemary and bay leaf?
Try some "what's this here" sauce. (Anyone who can actually spell or pronounce that word is practicing witchcraft or is a doctor). It is always a good addition to beef stew. Served over rice.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Try some "what's this here" sauce. (Anyone who can actually spell or pronounce that word is practicing witchcraft or is a doctor). It is always a good addition to beef stew. Served over rice.

Or is part of New England CSB gang. Wuss ta sheer

I don't think we have any here at work. Maybe if there's leftovers for dinner too I'll give it a shot. Meal was put together over egg noodles

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Fun times here. I started medication for Hashimoto's thyroiditis a bit more than a year ago. Now it looks like the thyroid condition is also causing hypoglycemia. Add that to my genetic thalassemia minor blood disease, and it's just a great time :LOL:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
So daughter just got out of surgery. Everything is repaired. Awaiting discharge, staying the night in Lexington, then followup in the morning. Anyone around the area recommend a good seafood joint? She is wanting some.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
So daughter just got out of surgery. Everything is repaired. Awaiting discharge, staying the night in Lexington, then followup in the morning. Anyone around the area recommend a good seafood joint? She is wanting some.
Did you find out if it was cadaver tissue?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Probably a little too far to drive, my parents live in Bardstown about 45 mins from Lexington, simply seafood market is excellent

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Did you find out if it was cadaver tissue?
It was not. They used a piece of her own. I'll be getting a few more questions answered in a bit.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
sorry if i missed the context of this, glad to hear you are on the up and up dude!

riceburner

Autocross Champion

CSB3: Acadia Goes To Taco Bell For Lunch, ShockedPicachu.jpg​

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
sorry if i missed the context of this, glad to hear you are on the up and up dude!

Tl;Dr
Daughter tore her ACL and meniscus. Had surgery today to repair. Partial meniscus and total ACL. All is good now.

cb1111

So I was getting tire mount and balance quotes for various shops in the area for future reference. I was describing a scenario where I am moving tires to a new set of wheels. The guy is like "well normally it's $35 per wheel for mount and balance, but because you're moving tires to a new set of wheels, it's an extra $10 per wheel for the dismount."

"Why the extra charge? Aren't you dismounting old tires normally with a regular mount and balance? In both cases you're taking 4 tires off wheels and putting 4 tires on wheels."

"Yes but you're keeping these tires so it's different."

"Maybe I'm not getting it. Isn't it actually a little less work since you're not storing and disposing the old tires? Is there another part of the process I'm missing?"

"............ I'm not really sure. This is the pricing I have."

🤷‍♂️
Aside from the piss-poor explanation by the store guy, an extra charge makes sense.

1. Normally, the $35 charge is to put new tires on wheels (or rimz) and balance

2. You are asking them to take a tire off of a wheel before you do #1

and yes, normally you'd do #1 before #2, but in this case you need to do #2 before #1

Accordingly, there is additional labor involved - if I understood what you asked.

One local shop wanted to charge me mounting instead of "tire rotation" to take the winter tires (on wheels) off the car and replace them with the 3 seasons (also on wheels). The only additional labor is remove the wheels from the trunk and put the other set back. In this case they wanted $160 instead of $20.