GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have been slowly gathering all the parts I need to change my shocks and springs. Today, the last pieces of the puzzle arrive: dust boots and bump stops. Next weekend, weather permitting, I will be doing the swap. Hopefully it won't be too big of a pain in the ass. Already have new mounts and hardware on hand.

Mass_Paul

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf MK7 GTI S
Clean that dirty door jamb while you’re in there, would look better than those plastic covers.
The entire car needs to be washed. I always wipe the door jams, gas fill, hatch jams, etc. However, since it is just going to rain/snow in the next several days, I am just going to wait until the next week or so.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Not specifically today... but in an effort to go full-retard into keeping the OEM PP brakes cool(er) on track:

Box full of goodies from E-ACCA. New 8Y RS3 brake ducts, the MK8R rear LCA aero bits, MK7.5 TCR air ducts/fog delete ducts (won't be installing real soon, but figured I'd toss them into the order with the other things to have "just in case"), and Golf R fender liners.

1711837217308.png
1711837271264.png
1711837293506.png

And snagged these lightly used 2pc rotors from a forum member on here a few weeks ago:

1711838172688.png

Plus got a set of fresh RE71RS for autocross this year:

1711837452224.png

And not pic-worthy, but a fuck-ton of suspension hardware for when I tear the front end down again to play with more suspension geometry shit.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I have been slowly gathering all the parts I need to change my shocks and springs. Today, the last pieces of the puzzle arrive: dust boots and bump stops. Next weekend, weather permitting, I will be doing the swap. Hopefully it won't be too big of a pain in the ass. Already have new mounts and hardware on hand.
What else is on this list?
Boots, bump stops, front and rear mounts, hardware...

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
What else is on this list?
Boots, bump stops, front and rear mounts, hardware...
H&R OE Sport springs and Bilstein B4 shocks and struts

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
We went on a similar journey. Same springs, b6 dcc, bfi lca, whitelineg front sway and endlinks. Hr rear sway and moog endlonks. Doing all new hardware , mounts and audi rear spring pads.
Nice! I already have an ST swaybar w/ the moog endlinks and I had ordered the audi rear spring pads when I got the springs, From my reading, I have gathered the B4s should work pretty well with the OE sport springs...though I if I am completely wrong and this set up is going to suck, please feel free to correct me lol. I'm just excited to have a new project for the GTI to work on and then after that going to be getting the COBB flex fuel rolling.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Nice! I already have an ST swaybar w/ the moog endlinks and I had ordered the audi rear spring pads when I got the springs, From my reading, I have gathered the B4s should work pretty well with the OE sport springs...though I if I am completely wrong and this set up is going to suck, please feel free to correct me lol. I'm just excited to have a new project for the GTI to work on and then after that going to be getting the COBB flex fuel rolling.
Have you seen anyone else do that combo? I read that the b6s can accommodate up to a 30mm drop, which is greater than the oe spring does. I think you'll be fine.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Have you seen anyone else do that combo? I read that the b6s can accommodate up to a 30mm drop, which is greater than the oe spring does. I think you'll be fine.
Yeah what’s the I’m thinking too. I’ve seen a few folks mention that they should pair together well but not sure if anyone has ran the combo so I will be the first lol. Just waiting on one last bump stop to arrive. Hoping I can knock it out Saturday and Sunday next weekend and get an alignment first thing Monday

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
MK7.5 TCR air ducts/fog delete ducts

View attachment 301762
This is on my "I want" list. I never use the fog lights, useless here as we rarely get fog that requires you to go 5 mph and look at the road right in front of the car. Proper fogs will be installed if I can figure out how, I have a set of brand new fully sealed Ford Fusion fogs that I bought almost 11 years ago. Back then those and the IS300 were the best ones in the market with clear lenses. 1 3/4" lens, so I may be able to adapt them on the lowest opening. If not I can go the same route you are and duct them into my RS3 shields.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah what’s the I’m thinking too. I’ve seen a few folks mention that they should pair together well but not sure if anyone has ran the combo so I will be the first lol. Just waiting on one last bump stop to arrive. Hoping I can knock it out Saturday and Sunday next weekend and get an alignment first thing Monday
Apparently the PP GTI has different bump stops than the non PP version.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Apparently the PP GTI has different bump stops than the non PP version.
I wouldn't think that would be the case. I got the part numbers from the dealer so hopefully he didn't give me the wrong ones

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I wouldn't think that would be the case. I got the part numbers from the dealer so hopefully he didn't give me the wrong ones
Aren’t the fronts of the b6/b4 non dcc inverted shocks with an internal bump stop? Asking cause I’m assuming you’re waiting on 1 of the 4 bump stops based on your use of “waiting on the last”