GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
IMG_9778.jpeg

Paging mr @Diggs24,
IMG_9780.jpeg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Aren’t the fronts of the b6/b4 non dcc inverted shocks with an internal bump stop? Asking cause I’m assuming you’re waiting on 1 of the 4 bump stops based on your use of “waiting on the last”
Yeah for some reason one bump stop got sent separately from the rest of the items from FCP Euro.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Fcp euro has them for non pp cars and the ones for pp cars they don't have in stock.
I should be good to go then….have a non PP car and got them from FCP.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
New center caps to better match the new powder coat coming this week.

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpeg
    IMG_2927.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I have Bilstein B8 with Neuspeed sport spring. This setup is starting to hit the bump stops more frequently. Terrible sound. Feels good when driving and did great up at VIR. Not sure what I’ll upgrade to next.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I have Bilstein B8 with Neuspeed sport spring. This setup is starting to hit the bump stops more frequently. Terrible sound. Feels good when driving and did great up at VIR. Not sure what I’ll upgrade to next.
Whats the drop on those?

9nine9

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GSW IS38
Out of the curiosity, what p/n did you go with for the cluster? Used or new? Wondering what the prices are up to these days (791B was around $1k back in 2021).
It’s 5G1920891B. I got it from Autohaas, used out of a I believe a 2018 R. I think new prices are still up there. There were a couple I chased that were in the 450-500USD range.
This one was $405USD plus shipping/taxes to Canada, ended up at $497. Trim piece is a bit scratched but I won’t complain at that price. Doubt I’ll even notice once installed.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
View attachment 301992
I also picked up a digital cluster. I need to stop reading about all of the retrofits that @Cuzoe has done because I have a whole list of tempting retrofit options lined up... (please convince me that the 2Q0 camera is not a worthwhile upgrade from 3Q0).
One! Of! Us!
It’s 5G1920891B. I got it from Autohaas, used out of a I believe a 2018 R. I think new prices are still up there. There were a couple I chased that were in the 450-500USD range.
This one was $405USD plus shipping/taxes to Canada, ended up at $497. Trim piece is a bit scratched but I won’t complain at that price. Doubt I’ll even notice once installed.
What’s the plan for pairing all the keys/immo/odometer matching? I’ve heard VW has been giving a lot of grief over used clusters these days, curious if you’ll be DIYing it all.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Where are you guys getting those 891Bs for under $500. I have my 791B (frighteningly updated from 791A) But I still got a TDI. Only issue with intermittent check engine light for glow plug indication. I would spend $500 to throw a 891B in my car and see how it does.

Is that encouraging or discouraging of retrofits? I've lost the ability to tell.

@brentgti I'm not going to be able to help you with that request. But it's not because I can't, it's because I don't want to 😁. I'm soon planning to do the 2q0 camera because I don't like that the 3q0 doesn't officially support Sign recognition in the states. There are ways around the "traffic sign recognition limited" message, but they aren't great. Plus I have the MK8 steering wheel and since it has a travel assist button I need travel assist to work.