GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK8 Golf R chassis & brakes part numbers

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Has anyone fitted the 81A407152F RS3 control arms to a mk7? I have CSS knuckles and want to throw on the best rubber bushing control arms I can
7042C39E-8055-4DED-BA3A-BD6D4E15098F.jpeg
6161FE9E-8887-4E63-937C-C029F4A03E67.jpeg

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
the Golf R and RS3 use the same control arms, the only difference is the rear bushings
they have very small voids

Sounds like a winner. I assume these are better than the mk7 CSS arms too.

So if they still have very small voids, sounds like BFI is talking rubbish by calling the solid (no void) bushing they sell “rs3-style”. Separately I’ve run those BFI arms for like 30k miles, the bushings completely tore out eventually.

scrllock

Autocross Champion

So if they still have very small voids, sounds like BFI is talking rubbish by calling the solid (no void) bushing they sell “rs3-style”. Separately I’ve run those BFI arms for like 30k miles, the bushings completely tore out eventually.
the only difference seems to be part numbering. the rs3 arms themselves aren't any different than the rest of the non-TT MQB cars, just that slightly stiffer bushing like the CSS uses.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
the only difference seems to be part numbering. the rs3 arms themselves aren't any different than the rest of the non-TT MQB cars, just that slightly stiffer bushing like the CSS uses.
Can confirm. Just the rear bushing is different. I run the rs3 bushings on my R, had to replace one LCA when dealer fucked up the bushing install and the metal is identical.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie

1712292168394.jpeg

Just an update, I did end up installing those RS3 arms and they’re great. Whenever they wear I’m curious if the TTRS will fit as well.