GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
My neighbor kinda force-gifted me a spare pair of glasses. I was rather pleased with myself and the pinhole projector, but it was a cool thing to see once in a while. Who knows, maybe it'll get some people just the slightest bit interested in space.

It's easy to lose sight of just how large the world is, how there's so many people everywhere just doing regular life stuff with some different little bits here and there, and by extension causes me to wonder what's out beyond what human eyes have seen/experienced. To the best of human knowledge the universe is infinite, and it'd be so cool to see what kind of wonders exist beyond our little rock.
the ol "little blue dot"

avenali312

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What happened to it
I sold the Boxster and bought a 996 X51. Then sold it.

I was getting ready to retire from the military and commute an hour each way to work. Bought a MB C300 and put 100k miles on it. That V6 was solid, not a single issue with that car.

MB has gone downhill so fast.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
I don't think you can log residual pressure. You have to measure the pressure with car and pumps off.
Got it, thanks.

Looks like there are a couple of things you can check to see if the LPFP is working harder than it needs to, which might indicate it's failing.
Using VCDS to log your fuel pumps duty cycle at idle would also be quite helpful as you can see if it's overworking.
If you have access to OBD11 or VCDS, find the PID for fuel pump duty cycle. I forget the exact spec, but if you see the fuel pump being commanded to 80% duty cycle or above at idle, the pump is dying. Also watching how much pressure the pump is creating can be a good sign.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Got it, thanks.

Looks like there are a couple of things you can check to see if the LPFP is working harder than it needs to, which might indicate it's failing.
A small loss of residual pressure will not show while the vehicle is operating. Dealer or good shop should be able to check the pressure in the fuel rail while vehicle isn't running. They check it right after shutdown and 1 hour after shutdown. If it's losing pressure, there's a leak in the fuel system or the fuel pump is bad and pressure is being dumped into gas tank.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
mg's are super neat

sorry - misread, thought you said mg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
1712773562586.jpeg

I still miss my Triumph MK 3 Spitfire (not mine).

DST CSB

Did Stupid Thing)

Gee I wonder if I can touch the rear wheel while driving. The answer is yes and it's like putting your hand on a moving belt sander

it's been prob 35 years and I still miss it. There are times in life when you can't have a toy car....one of those came up

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
View attachment 302997

I still miss my Triumph MK 3 Spitfire (not mine).

DST CSB

Did Stupid Thing)

Gee I wonder if I can touch the rear wheel while driving. The answer is yes and it's like putting your hand on a moving belt sander

it's been prob 35 years and I still miss it. There are times in life when you can't have a toy car....one of those came up
Rubber bumper Midgets and the Spitfire used the and 1500 cc engine.