GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Random question, but who else would know the answer if not you guys:

Does the 2024 Tiguan in the US come with the same 2-liter TSI engine as the Golf and the GTI? Codes along the lines of CXCA/CXCB?
no as Dak said.....I think it's the passat engine technically

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Dropped GTI off to get rust repaired. I requested to keep the front fenders and hatch that they are replacing with new parts.
I am going to keep them for when I am out of the warranty period. They really only have a speck of rust, a quick sanding and some paint will do the job.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Are you going to add any red pinstripes to the louvers?
There's so many places you can add more. Wheels, body lines, you could even do the lettering on the tires.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
There's so many places you can add more. Wheels, body lines, you could even do the lettering on the tires.
I really debate tire stickers. Not even blatantly cheesy ones like send nudes, but just like the branding. But I feel like that needs to be done with big power stuff or it's just goofy, and I'm not so sure it could be pulled off on my car.

Yoga

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Sportwagen FBO
IMG_8406.jpeg
Evolution Import Ares Skid plate installed while it was up getting fresh oil at my friends shop

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What does that bolt to in the front? I see it bolts to the body in the rear.

Looks like the primary support is the brackets you have to install for the Alltrack skid plate. Has those two bolts on the front left and front right outsides.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Looks like the primary support is the brackets you have to install for the Alltrack skid plate. Has those two bolts on the front left and front right outsides.

Looks like they have their own brackets, picture in this listing...
https://www.cascadegerman.com/product/evolution-ares-skid-plate-mk7/

Their brackets look similar to the OEM skid plate mounting brackets, PN 5Q0825921 and 5Q0825922...
https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__...Shield-Bracket-Upper/67815098/5Q0825922A.html
So no bueno for FMIC folks