GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Thanks, I was very curious about the mounting up top. So going from a divorced setup to a coilover, I presume you're running significantly stiffer than average springs in the rear? Those KWs are a work of art by the way.

my Clubsport rear divorced are 80N/mm my V5 rear coilover will be 90N/mm but a 50mm i.d. spring instead of 60mm i.d.

Kart17

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
After putting about 500km on the car this week after having it back, and the verkline stuff to settle in. Did an alignment verification and double checked everything. Track time is inching very very close!

View attachment 303920
Does the Verkline subframe have attachments for the underbody aero?

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
my Clubsport rear divorced are 80N/mm my V5 rear coilover will be 90N/mm but a 50mm i.d. spring instead of 60mm i.d.

Also, since the spring is located further outboard than the stock setup, it changes the motion ratio acting on the spring (think lever arm torque), so even though the rate isn't much different than the previous setup's, the spring located further from the center of the car will act stiffer.

something something wheel rate vs. actual spring rates. Suspension tuning can get complicated, lol.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Does the Verkline subframe have attachments for the underbody aero?
It's missing some stuff in the rear which the Verus rear diffuser used off the rear subframe and had to fabricate some brackets to make it work. We also had to refabricate the rear exhaust hanger as the mounting point on the OEM rear subframe does not exist on the verkline subframe, and especially with the lateral support beam in the track variant of the rear.

In the front, I didn't look closely enough to know for sure though I saw some unused spots for screws where I presume additional undertray could go but I don't 100% know for sure.

Kart17

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
It's missing some stuff in the rear which the Verus rear diffuser used off the rear subframe and had to fabricate some brackets to make it work. We also had to refabricate the rear exhaust hanger as the mounting point on the OEM rear subframe does not exist on the verkline subframe, and especially with the lateral support beam in the track variant of the rear.

In the front, I didn't look closely enough to know for sure though I saw some unused spots for screws where I presume additional undertray could go but I don't 100% know for sure.
When you get a chance could you take a picture of that area? The product page it looks like it doesn't but easy enough to make some basic brackets.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
When you get a chance could you take a picture of that area? The product page it looks like it doesn't but easy enough to make some basic brackets.
Can do, and in the meantime this is the best photo I have of a quarter of the front subframe or so. Maybe it's useful, maybe not. I will make a not to take some more next time I'm under it.

1714427155720.png

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Also, since the spring is located further outboard than the stock setup, it changes the motion ratio acting on the spring (think lever arm torque), so even though the rate isn't much different than the previous setup's, the spring located further from the center of the car will act stiffer.

something something wheel rate vs. actual spring rates. Suspension tuning can get complicated, lol.

I took that into consideration

Kdubya

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Pulled be trigger on South Bend Stage 3 Endurance , rear main and subframe bushings

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Pulled be trigger on South Bend Stage 3 Endurance , rear main and subframe bushings
Lmk how you like it, I went with the sachs 4 luck going in this weekend.