GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Took the wookiee for a spring cruise with the local VW community. Drives great and not as harsh as I expected with the full verkline catalog installed.

1000010403.jpg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
But did you win? ;)

No pics, but we went to the Cars & Coffee at Steel Stacks on Sunday. Nice time, lots of neat stuff, stopped and got Yocco's after so that was a win. Also got into mild shenanigans with a woman in a mk7 -- I think both of us were surprised when we were a dead even match. Also ran my friend's mk8, which I gotta say those things are no joke out of the box, I was surprised. Hoping he starts modding it soon.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Changed out the old hpfp for the OEM one from @swcrow.
Wasn't expecting the hard line to be such a pain in the ass. Video I watched from Charles/Shopdap must have been a 2.0T variant; hard line was much more free for movement in the video.

View attachment 303643
I've NEVER had an easy time with that hard line......PITA every time. really hope it works for you!

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Attended another mandatory work safety training over the weekend.

On Saturday we had everything from rain to Sangria.

IMG_7067.jpeg

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7074.jpeg

My favorite setting
IMG_7066.jpeg

for this:
Ioniq 5 N drifting

Sunday got canceled due to perfect weather for performance summer tires
IMG_7077.jpeg

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Drove the piss out of the MK7 having to run parts around Detroit. Replace the faulty Vlands with another set after doing an Amazon return hopefully I get refunded for the shit set and this one is leak free.

@dlhoovler If it's not the end links then your rear shock mounts are toast. I drove around the block disconnected and immediately that was the fix.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Changed out the old hpfp for the OEM one from @swcrow.
Wasn't expecting the hard line to be such a pain in the ass. Video I watched from Charles/Shopdap must have been a 2.0T variant; hard line was much more free for movement in the video.
I absolutely hate the hard line on my 1.8t, it is always in the way!

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Replaced my key FOB battery a started throwing a p029900 underboost code...time for wastegate maintenance.

Attachments

• 20240401_200831.jpg
    20240401_200831.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
@dlhoovler If it's not the end links then your rear shock mounts are toast. I drove around the block disconnected and immediately that was the fix.
Thanks for the tip. I have a set of Koni Special Actives with mounts waiting to go in - my original shocks aren't that bad yet, but the Konis were on a good sale. So I hope the end links fix the problem, but if not...

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Thanks for the tip. I have a set of Koni Special Actives with mounts waiting to go in - my original shocks aren't that bad yet, but the Konis were on a good sale. So I hope the end links fix the problem, but if not...
Just put the SA’s on they’re wonderful! Fresh mounts, strut bearings, and bump stops too.