GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Thudding noise from centre console when turning off engine

I am sure most car makers experience teething issues, some of which no doubt dont get sorted, but the mk8 Golf has been a disaster. VW are making very little effort to deal with them, which many people have now given up and either got their money back or have cancelled their orders.
  2. N

Thudding noise from centre console when turning off engine

Christ, these cars really are the gift that keeps on giving.
  3. N

Golf 8 - Wireless Charging behaviour

Had a drive in a 22 plate yesterday with Wireless charging and i tried it with my Iphone12 and it disconnected after a few seconds although I have no idea on any PR or part codes so not sure on what build dates the cars are built with the new charging modules?
  4. N

Do you think the new CarPlay features might make it to the MK8?

Vw are quite happy messing up their own software implementation, let alone anyone else’s!
  5. N

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Thanks I did pop out again and checked the headlight settings and it is still set for "driving on the left" although i didnt toggle it on and off to see if that did anything so i might give that a try. Juts to add that on the screen it does display on or off when i switch them with the touch...
  6. N

Well, just been out in the dark for the first time for a few months and I now no longer have front poor weather fog lights or cornering lights, or fogs on in reverse. I really can’t wait to see what crap the dealer comes out with this time. You really couldn’t make this up.
  7. N

Speed recognition shenanigans 🙄.

If the road sign is the white circle with the black line NSL type, i suspect that VW haven't programmed it to properly recognise it. Having said that, the NSL sign has two speed limits, 60 or 70.
  8. N

Just to note i have had a few minor updates over the last couple of weeks with no evidence of anything being any different, although, i have the radio station on the main dash display on the left, and the station name seems to sit lower down below the logo, although that could be my imagination!
  9. N

No low level screen wash warning.

Not sure why anyone is surprised by the penny pinching. It is getting worse as time goes on. Having said that, the screen wash warning light has been part of the winter pac for a long time iirc, which I think also gives a larger washer bottle.
  10. N

Nice to see they are getting their priorities in order. :D
  11. N

I’ve just had another update on Friday.
  12. N

Yeah i reckon that could be them fixing bugs but not actually stating what they are fixing just in case it doesn't properly fix things that need fixing. :D
  13. N

Yeah im still on 1890. There was two but I cant remember what it said but one was something along the lines of 'Error Correction'
  14. N

I have just had an apparent OTA software update on my infotainment unit and none of the version numbers have changed at all. Switched off and back on and again and it came up with ‘changing your settings’ or something similar and that’s it. I am guessing this update was more to do with the...
  15. N

Ah ok didn't realise that. I just assumed it was all part of the we-connect service. Interestingly it doesn't ever mention needing a sub when trying to use it. I have just been scrolling through this thread and other infotainment related issues are Reverse sensors do not beep, even though i...
  16. N

Hi guys, Newbie here! I don't actually own a Golf8, however i do own a Caddy 5 which is now based on the current Golf, and i have the same infotainment unit. My Numbers are: 5H0 035 820H Hardware H58 Software 1890 I can confirm that i can have dual sat nav in infotainment and digital...