GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. NoCaution

I Put Lipstick On My GTI, Should I Add Teeth?

Please don't add me to your "people to kill" list.
  2. NoCaution

Infotainment goes black and crashes

I have no idea if it would help everyone else, but the thing that helped me was simply not plugging in my phone until the car was running and the infotainment system was booted up. I used wireless Carplay when I first got the car and would always get weird audio drops, so I started plugging in...
  3. NoCaution

Warning Triangle

Not for nothing, but there's certainly a market for someone with a 3D printer to make a few bucks here. I'd be open to buying a cover or some other creative accessory for that big hole.
  4. NoCaution

Golf R MK8 and price insanity... Share you experience and opinions

I picked up my new Mk8 (6MT, Autobahn, Moonstone) about 7 hours ago! I paid MSRP with zero dealer markups. They did add some minor things that I wasn't upset about at all, like window tint, a pinstripe accent, door edge guards, and something else I can't remember right now. The pinstripe was 100...
  5. NoCaution

Is anyone in Northern CA looking for a project car???

VW is saying that it needs a full engine rebuild/replacement. It's gonna cost at least $13k to get it back on the road and worth less than the cost of repairs. I'm flying to TX next week to buy the Mk8, so it's kind of a moot point. I just don't know what to do with the Mk6. It's sitting in the...
  6. NoCaution

Is anyone in Northern CA looking for a project car???

Soooo... The past few days have been a bit of a roller coaster. Fair warning that this may get a bit long-winded, but I need to vent, and this seems like the place to do it. I bought a new Mk6 GTI in 2010. It was my second GTI after wrecking my 08' Mk5. I LOVE these cars, and my Mk6 has mostly...
  7. NoCaution

What is your dreamcar?

For as long as I can remember, the Jaguar E-Type has been the car that I covet above all others. For my money, it's the single most beautiful car ever produced. I would have a mid 1960's series 1 soft top, black with burgundy leather interior, everything either original or perfectly restored...
  8. NoCaution

I got shot...

Not to sound callous, but am I the only one who finds it a bit amusing that a guy with the screen name "trigger_storey" is sharing his tale of getting shot??? :iono: Seriously though... feel better mate.
  9. NoCaution

Great Scott!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I've been wanting the AR Drone ever since it was announced, but haven't been able to justify the $300 price tag. If however, they released one of these commercially, I'd pay almost anything.
  10. NoCaution

Driving with headphones on

OK - I'll be the one to play devil's advocate here... Disclaimer: I have never, and most likely, would never drive while wearing headphones. That being said, I feel the need to point out that it is not illegal or otherwise unsafe for deaf people to operate a motor vehicle. All emergency...
  11. NoCaution

Damn! Speeding Ticket! :(

Sorry to hear bout the ticket, but if you're not busy later, there's a meet at 215 and Jones at 7 tonight. Swing by.
  12. NoCaution

Who has MKVI wallpaper on their phone?

I just made this my lock screen yesterday!
  13. NoCaution

Name that movie screenshot

Mars Attacks
  14. NoCaution

Science of Sleep and Snatch
  15. NoCaution

Nope. (But I do love that flick)
  16. NoCaution

OK - let's see if I can stump anyone... Here's a few of my more obscure favorites: Fairly difficult: Fairly easy: I'd be shocked if someone get's this without cheating: Also fairly easy: Cheers-
  17. NoCaution

Hobbies or other interests??

I just play WAY too much online Poker. I have other stuff I like to do, but between sleeping and playing Poker, I have no time. :iono:
  18. NoCaution

Whats your occupation?

Technically, I'm an Audio Engineer... ...when I'm working. :( (and yes, I know that's the loosest use of the term "engineer" in this thread yet) I was in Seattle, working in a studio, doing well... and then it all went to hell. I delivered pizzas in my MKV until I could leave Seattle, and...