GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Modifying MK8 Digital Dash cluster on R-Line

OBDEleven has a more user-friendly UI. I would do it on there too. VCDS can get confusing especially since a lot of the modules in there are in German. I imagine on mk7 and older, it's nicer looking. Plus OBDEleven has that way to bypass SFD for a little while. VCDS can't.
  2. S

Modifying MK8 Digital Dash cluster on R-Line

I did mine through VCDS. Changing the R logo is separate from having the Golf R panel. It doesn't affect performance of the dash. Only thing is that now you'll have one more view to cycle through.
  3. S

Radiator Recall!

Direct to the NHTSA recall According to the doc, it’s inspect and replace parts if damaged. Doesn’t look like a preventative thing where they’ll do work to make sure it doesn’t happen.
  4. S

Oil

So how come when it comes to the VW maintenance they change at 10k?
  5. S

Oil

So lets say I switch. The change intervals change from 3k to 10k?
  6. S

Oil

So let's say that I have a car that originally used conventional, change every 3k miles, oil. Can I just switch to synthetic on the next change and keep using synthetic after that? Or will something happen to my engine?
  7. S

New VW?

On the VWoA site it says there's a new VW coming out. Anyone know what it is?
  8. S

Other Drivers

Anyone who's seen the South Park episode will wanna beat me up for this. "It's a Jersey thing!"
  9. S

Other Drivers

Eh, GTI is only one I list because it's the only ones I notice. Other drivers that are nicer than others end up driving Porsche or an MB S-class. Rich people. Shrugs. Cadillac drivers over here are 50/50. But most of the time it's the older drivers that are nicer. And yeah, I'm stereotyping, I...
  10. S

Other Drivers

Have you ever noticed that the car a person drives tells their attitude? Like the GTI is more of the refined, laid back guy. But a Mazda(speed)3 driver is a giant jackass who thinks he can race anyone at anytime and can't lay off the horn if he has to wait at the light for more than 2 seconds...
  11. S

Traffic Light Cameras

Yeah, that's the situation I'm in. I passed the white lines and was practically in the middle of the intersection when it turned red.
  12. S

Traffic Light Cameras

I'm worried about getting a ticket right now because of one of those mounted bastards. I ran a yellow but right as I was in the middle or around 2/5 through the intersection, the light goes red. What're the chances of me getting the ticket? Mind you it's nighttime, so I don't know if the camera...
  13. S

Cast your votes, what car is this?

Mazda2. I saw a guy driving one in San Diego on Sunday.
  14. S

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Just a freshly licensed driver, looking for that perfect first car. Thinking it's the GTI.