GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

“Loaner” Car Policies

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG
Just to complete the circle on this topic:

Took the car to the dealer for service and was asked if I was doing drop off or waiting. When I told the service advisor (who was the manager) that I had requested a loaner, he said they never had loaners and pointed to his Mercedes polo shirt implying that the dealership couldn’t even provide him with a proper VW shirt, let alone a service loaner. (He also wanted to know why I asked for him when I came in for my appointment - when I told him the online appointment system assigned him as my service advisor, he said that he needed to fix that so it didn’t happen again.)

Luckily, my issue turned out to be a relatively minor one (there was a leak coming from the oil drain plug) and I was in and out in about an hour and a half.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Took the car to the dealer for service and was asked if I was doing drop off or waiting. When I told the service advisor (who was the manager) that I had requested a loaner, he said they never had loaners and pointed to his Mercedes polo shirt implying that the dealership couldn’t even provide him with a proper VW shirt, let alone a service loaner. (He also wanted to know why I asked for him when I came in for my appointment - when I told him the online appointment system assigned him as my service advisor, he said that he needed to fix that so it didn’t happen again.)

Luckily, my issue turned out to be a relatively minor one (there was a leak coming from the oil drain plug) and I was in and out in about an hour and a half.

The service advisor comes off like a total douche.

He'd have to fix it so he wasn't your advisor in the future? Wtf.

I'm sure you can fix it for him by never taking the car there again.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

An hour and a half for what was basically an oil change.

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG
The service advisor comes off like a total douche.

He'd have to fix it so he wasn't your advisor in the future? Wtf.

I'm sure you can fix it for him by never taking the car there again.

Oh, it wasn’t personal - it was more like I need to fix it so that nobody can select me as their advisor..

An hour and a half for what was basically an oil change.

True, but it did take them at least 45 minutes before looked at it. So give them a little credit.

Oh well, lesson learned for the future. At least it wasn’t an expensive lesson.