GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.Buy VWR RSB on APR clearance. 2. Recieve APR RSB. 3. Profit?

s0n1cm0nk3y1

Ready to race!
Hello folks. So funny story I went onto the APR clearance site and decide, hey a sway bar sounds like a great idea to get my understeer heavy GTI in check. Being a marginal fan of VWR (Intake, Springs, etc.) I thought, why not get the VWR rear sway bar. So 5 days later I get the UPS delivery status. All super excited I head home and open the box. First thoughts are, when did VWR use red followed by, and when did they have APR packaging and zerk (sp?) fittings on the bushings?

So after some internet research I learned I just received a new APR RSB for the price of a discounted VWR bar. What do you guys think? Of course the APR bar is a bit thicker (~3mm) and the varying strength increase are remarkably higher(+90-135-200% Increased Rigidity APR vs +46-59-70% with the VWR). Im contemplating keeping it and just setting it lower.

So to surmise all my questions.

1. Keep the APR RSB instead of returning for the VWR I purchased?
2. If keep, where should I set it for ride comfort, good turn in, and wife compatibility ( :yikes: )
3.What do the APR owners think of their RSB?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it's their mistake. i'm sure they'd let you keep it anyway unless youre set on wanting the vwr bar. i've only heard good things about the APR (read: Hotchkis) sway bars. I'd keep em and set them to full stiff.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
APR = Hotchkis

I can't comment on returning, it's your own decision.
If you keep it, and as you still have the stock front sway
bar, set the rear to soft. Even better, try all the settings
available, but be a little careful on fast corners, when set
to stiff.

Generally, I strongly prefer to fight the cause of the issue
(here: understeer), and this isn't sway bar related, but the
lack of front camber. TT control arms and camber plates
do this.

On a side note:

Why didn't you ask this here?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45368

s0n1cm0nk3y1

Ready to race!
APR = Hotchkis

I can't comment on returning, it's your own decision.
If you keep it, and as you still have the stock front sway
bar, set the rear to soft. Even better, try all the settings
available, but be a little careful on fast corners, when set
to stiff.

Generally, I strongly prefer to fight the cause of the issue
(here: understeer), and this isn't sway bar related, but the
lack of front camber. TT control arms and camber plates
do this.

On a side note:

Why didn't you ask this here?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45368

Great bit of info on the camber plates, I will look into that. The question of returning was on the basis of the individuals who have tried multiple bars and possibly found the APR bar too stiff for the above mentioned conditions (wife primarily :p). So long as I can take care of body roll, and turn in while keeping a moderately soft ride I'm all for it.

As for the side note, I've read through that thread extensively and there is a good bit of back and forth. I figure with the title it can aid individuals who were curious about the APR clearance sale much like the individual who bought a VWR mount and found it rusty. Perhaps my occurrence wasn't exactly a mistake and might be able to repeated.

Discount wise its quite nice as even on sale its 20 dollars less, but off sale its 80 dollars less for quite the huge bar (compared vs stock, its massive). For review purposes I will most definitely post within the master thread :thumbup:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I have the APR bars on my car and love them. With all my ither suspension work my car handles very neutral and rides great but I have -2 camber front and -1.0 rear so that helps a lot to