GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

150-mph nitrous backfire...OUCH

slow91

Car Audio Guru
That probably won't buff out.......:yikes:

Original story here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445790

Maybe the BLACK clouds should have been a sign.......
:help:

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Thats why friends don't let idiots buy nice things.

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
dam thatsa some crazy shit!

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I just don't see the logic behind getting something like a z06 and throwing nitrous on it. On top of that, they obviously did a pretty poor job of it, considering I hardly ever see cars burning to the ground because of nitrous.

slow91

Car Audio Guru
I just don't see the logic behind getting something like a z06 and throwing nitrous on it. On top of that, they obviously did a pretty poor job of it, considering I hardly ever see cars burning to the ground because of nitrous.

Regardless of what you own, there will always be an owner or tuner trying like to go faster. I'm assuming it was a wet nitrous setup.

If you're using a wet nitrous setup on port fuel injection motors, you're asking for trouble. Modern EFI manifolds were designed to be a dry manifold. The second you start spraying fuel into them you are just begging for the fuel to puddle and to have a fire. Not to mention the LS7 motor having a plastic intake.

While a nitrous backfire is a BIG deal, it usually doesn't result in the total loss of a vehicle. I imagine the plastic composite intake probably blew apart, causing fuel to spray everywhere.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Regardless of what you own, there will always be an owner or tuner trying like to go faster. I'm assuming it was a wet nitrous setup.

If you're using a wet nitrous setup on port fuel injection motors, you're asking for trouble. Modern EFI manifolds were designed to be a dry manifold. The second you start spraying fuel into them you are just begging for the fuel to puddle and to have a fire. Not to mention the LS7 motor having a plastic intake.

While a nitrous backfire is a BIG deal, it usually doesn't result in the total loss of a vehicle. I imagine the plastic composite intake probably blew apart, causing fuel to spray everywhere.

My point exactly. Anyone willing to put $80k for a car like that could have taken some time to research this kind of stuff, instead of just throwing wet nitrous on a fule injected car with a plastic manifold.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion

:word:

Nothing like going big on a car, then going stupid and cheap on the mods. :thumbdown:

Darn, the pics don't work anymore

Ironically, the only pic left is the one with the car intact. lol