GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1962 Chevy II

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Well, got a great deal on this bad boy, and decided to add it to the family. Straight body, straight frame, nice interior, 327 with a mild thumper cam and camel hump heads. It's running a 750 Edelbrock double pumper right now, but a 500 is on the way as well as a short runner intake manifold, Hooker Competition Headers and mufflers (hurts the shit out of my ears after 15 minutes). That 750 is way too much for a slightly modified small block. Here is a few quick shots, I'll update with more detailed pics later. Car needs a windshield, right rear quarter window track replaced, and some minor other things, but other then that, it runs strong, sounds healthy and the interior is clean for it's age. Paint is 5/10. About 25 years old, acrylic, and cracking in a lot of places.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice... not really my thing but I can appreciate the value of classic cars. How much did you pay?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Nice looking car man, cool deal. Get your Mustang off the street though.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Cool find! Good luck. And yea, 750cfm is way too big a carb for that small block. That's a rat motor carb. Good call.

Merkle

Banned
Now that's what a V8 sounds like!
Some Flow 50's or Magnaflows will quiet it down.

Love it man, I'm mega jelly.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys!

Looks nice... not really my thing but I can appreciate the value of classic cars. How much did you pay?

Got it for 7750. Guy was asking 11000 for it, but I talked him down over the course of 3 weeks. I was trying to spend less then 7500, but he just wouldn't budge.

Nice looking car man, cool deal. Get your Mustang off the street though.

Yeah, Mustang will stay parked for a bit, at least until the summer gets here. This thing has no A/C in it, and I don't want to do a Vintage Air set up until I get the interior in order.

beautiful, makes me want to pull the trigger on a classic

Do it. It's cheap to buy and cheap to modify. Everything is so cheap for it. You can get brand new Hooker Comp long tubes for $150. It's amazingly cheap and supplies are unlimited.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Well, small update. Did all the fluids on the car on Saturday, and there was some gasoline in the oil. Everything checked out OK, but the previous owner flooded the shit out of this engine with the damn oversized carb. Got a 1406 Edelbrock on order as I type this.

I also attempted to figure out why the car shoots to the left under braking. Turns out the culprit was tons of air in the lines. The fluid also looked like shit, and light was barely passing through it. Looks like it hadn't been changed since the late 60s.

This is a flood light aimed directly at the base of the bottle just to give you some perspective as to how bad the fluid was.

Fixed a small valve cover gasket leak.

Cleaned up the trunk and tied the battery down (previous owner decided it's awesome if it just slides around in the trunk)

Got a matching set of Pro Stars for the front in a 15x7 with 195/60 tire

Cleaned up the interior a bit

Stuck some Hooker Super Comps on there

And welded them to a pair of Flomaster 40s with some plane jane mid pipes

I replaced the shocks on Monday, and got new windshield since the other one was cracked down the middle. Car is running strong and will do a one wheel peel at 50mph in 2nd gear. Still really needs that matched carburetor, but it can wait a few days. She's running pretty good, especially for a 300+hp 3,000 car.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! You're doing a great job. Sweet looking engine compartment, too.

LOL at those headrest-less seats. They'll snap your neck fo' sho' in a rear end collision!

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
One of the bonuses to living in AZ is the shape that car is in. Nice find!

I could double the money if I took it to the east coast. Rust free cars are worth quite a bit there.

Looks great! You're doing a great job. Sweet looking engine compartment, too.

LOL at those headrest-less seats. They'll snap your neck fo' sho' in a rear end collision!

It's also got a metal dash and only a lap belt lol

nice roller rockers.. 1.6 or 1.7?

1.7 :)