impruv

Passed Driver's Ed

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Thanks to all for the great pics.

Nyanga

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like your photos. Not least 'cause I know the site by the bridge well - my son married an Oz girl!!).

ZPayne

Different laws? Politicians promoting TTIP want to tell us that BS for quite some time.*
The R comes with LED taillights to the US, right? So the LEDs obviously are US legal.

*the Golf just comes with a torsion beam rear axle to the US, Both GTI and Golf have
a conventional handbrake. This definitely isn't due to US laws, it's just due to market
demands and cost restrictions. A/S tires, different A/C and radio setups, different op-
tions - all this due to market demands. At it won't change when TTIP becomes reality.

No the R does not come with LED tail lights in the US. They are not US legal. The Amber turn signals on the LED units is deemed "not large enough" for outdated laws that mandate tail lights by surface area, not light output. Only the diesel Golfs get a torsion beam in the US. Same system as in the 1.6 TDI euro Golfs. The handbrake was a cost issue though, your only correct point. But really, who wants an electronic brake in a car like this? mechanical all the way.

sapz

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm loving all the 2 door pics since I kinda wish I had bought the 2 door instead. I've had my eye on the white mk7 2 door.

Does anyone know what the euro spec mk7 GTI wheels are called? I love the way they look and I, trying to find them in the U.S.

Thanks and please post more 2 door pics!

Excuse me, but I still don't get why your 4-door R is pertinent to the (2-door) topic.

:confused: ;)

Shifty6

Ready to race!
Um no... thats a dog.

I have a 2 door on order. I am beginning to think the 2 door GTI is the real unicorn (someone referenced an S trim with DCC as a unicorn). I don't understand why there are not more 2 doors in the US. Maybe this thing has to be the family truckster, but I have no problem rolling the seat up to get kiddos in and out. I get to control the door open and close process, and remind them to keep the feet off the back.

impruv

Passed Driver's Ed
Um no... thats a dog.

I have a 2 door on order. I am beginning to think the 2 door GTI is the real unicorn (someone referenced an S trim with DCC as a unicorn). I don't understand why there are not more 2 doors in the US. Maybe this thing has to be the family truckster, but I have no problem rolling the seat up to get kiddos in and out. I get to control the door open and close process, and remind them to keep the feet off the back.

In the US, the problem is the 2-Dr doesn't come in autobahn. In Canada however, I have seen maybe a 2-1 ratio of 4 to 2 dr.

sapz

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea I don't quite understand why they don't offer the autobahn trim in the 2door cuz that would be my next car after my mk7 lease is up.