GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"20 Reasons Why You Should Never Buy A German Car"

adam1991

Banned
exactly.

On the other hand, I have had a VERY rough first 10 months with my car--this winter was brutal to the freeway pavement, and I drive quite a bit on this one stretch of 100 miles of bad freeway that just got patched over the last month or two. And despite all that, despite hitting potholes that should have cracked wheels, I'm still driving straight on the OEM wheels and tires without any repairs of any kind.

Only the alignment rack knows I'm out by a tiny bit.

This little beast is tough.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
This breaks one of my top internet rules; never read any "list" article that requires clicking through multiple pages to view the list. Automatically means they designed it to maximize ad views.

adam1991

Banned
I have that same rule. This one presented itself as a single page for me; maybe I have an extension to force that, I dunno.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
This breaks one of my top internet rules; never read any "list" article that requires clicking through multiple pages to view the list. Automatically means they designed it to maximize ad views.

X2. I hate those and avoid them as well.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Adolf Hitler directed that 2011 Jetta was to be built in caves, by Jewish slave labor, to avoid allied bombing.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
#14, I wouldn't say maintenance is much more expensive than a Japanese cars. A lot of manufacturers require full synthetic oils now. Additionally, any engine overfilled with oil will cause problems and any DIY repair on the engine can cause failure on any engine out there and none are cheap on modern cars.

#11, like mentioned, a lot of cars use low profile tires. Mentioning that proper tire pressure is needed to be maintained, that applies to any vehicle and should be common sense.

#1, I have never heard of anyone doing that not to mention if it did happen, how would the driver be left with no power to restart the vehicle? It would be one hell of a coincidence if you hit the button and the battery instantly fails.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
#14, I wouldn't say maintenance is much more expensive than a Japanese cars. A lot of manufacturers require full synthetic oils now. Additionally, any engine overfilled with oil will cause problems and any DIY repair on the engine can cause failure on any engine out there and none are cheap on modern cars.

#11, like mentioned, a lot of cars use low profile tires. Mentioning that proper tire pressure is needed to be maintained, that applies to any vehicle and should be common sense.

#1, I have never heard of anyone doing that not to mention if it did happen, how would the driver be left with no power to restart the vehicle? It would be one hell of a coincidence if you hit the button and the battery instantly fails.

I'm pretty sure it wont let you shut the car off in drive while moving. But Toyota uses low profile tires on their sedans now too, its the norm almost.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm pretty sure it wont let you shut the car off in drive while moving. But Toyota uses low profile tires on their sedans now too, its the norm almost.

Press once and a message appears in the MFD telling you to press again to shut off the engine. You might want to shut it down while moving if somehow the throttle sticks open or there's a fire.

mk7.5life

Passed Driver's Ed
This was written by a 52 year old child, in their parents basement. These are the most bogus comments I've ever seen. Just because your Jetta TDI took a dump after who knows how many miles, and you can't afford to take it to the dealer to get fixed, and or afford to put a new tire on it because you're running an errand, and hit a pothole while taking your moms mini pinscher to the vet because you don't have a job, and can't afford your low profile tires... doesn't give the reason to write up an idiotic article like this. German cars are so expensive because they have a reputation for unmatched performance, and luxury... everything is tailored, and "specialized"... "Got to pay, to play."