GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 jetta 2.5L common issues or good car??

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Been looking at buying one of these for my girlfriend. Seems like a great little car for the price with the 5cyl and auto trans.

Think these were made from like 06-09?

Anyone have experiences with them? Dealer? Need to know before pulling the trigger!!

Thanks
Adam

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Uberryan

Banned
Besides ugly aesthetics, poor mpgs, and pig slow? Eh, they're alright.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
The 5 cyl engine is one the most reliable engines ever made my vw. It will easily make it to and past 200k miles. The 5 cyl motor is really robust because it's basically a race engine. Audi used to use them back in the days and they pretty much had a shit ton laying around so they decided to take off all the fancy manifolds and stuff that make the engine more powerful and put them into the base model cars to get rid of the surplus of 2.5 5 cyl motors.some even come with a forged crank. The only thing to watch out for really is the vacuum pump. It goes bad time to time but it's fixable with a vacuum pump delete or you can just use some gasket sealer on the gaskets of the new pump which will keep it from leaking again for a really long time. The only problem with this is that with the auto trans it's really really hard to jiggle the pump out Because the auto trans has this little bit of metal in the way. It's doable without doing it the vw recommended way which is dropping the trans but, it's a pain in the ass. Other than that if you do all the maintenance on the car it'll keep on going.

Last edited:

sarahh

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a 2008 2.5 auto jetta before getting my gti. It was slow and I wanted a manual the whole time I had it but I still loved it. I bought it with about 800 miles on it. Never gave me any problems and it went through 2 minor accidents before getting totaled. Only issue was alternator went at 96,000 miles and the serpentine belt was replaced right before that. I was on top of the maintenance though. I would've kept it for another year or 2 if it didn't get totaled because its been so reliable.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
buy it and do a turbo itl be a fast little piggy then