GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 Volkswagen Tiguan Concept makes world debut in L.A.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Not sure if I like the name but, overall, it looks amazing. The orange channels in the tires look :cool: but I doubt it'll make the production vehicle, though. The exterior (especially the wheels) looks sweet; the interior is.. well, VW/Audi :thumbsup: but, again, who knows what the production version will look like. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Story:

Volkswagen has unveiled its compact 4×4, the Concept Tiguan, at the Los Angeles Auto Show, and has announced that the production units will be delivered to customers by the end of next year.

At 4.4 metres long, 1.85 m wide and 1.69 m high, it is very similar in size to the Touran compact MPV (4.4 m, 1.8 m, 1.6 m). Klaus Bischoff, who was responsible for the exterior design of the car said: "It was very important for us to have the car appear powerful and muscular. For us that was a higher priority than anything else. An off-roader needs a long hood and an upright position. That lends the vehicle self-assuredness and power."

Under the hood is a BLUETEC diesel engine developed in partnership with Audi and Mercedes-Benz. This 'Clean TDI' will comply with the strictest emissions standards in the world and is one of the first components of the BLUETEC offensive.

And as for the production version...

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
:thumbup: :burnrubber: will those sexy wheels fix the GTI

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
lol, thats not obvious @ all...as you can see in the headlights, there is the outer circular area, and it flattens and condenses as it goes towards the grill, you can tell because the light doesnt fill the whole area of the netting as it goes towards the grill...and god damn that is a stupid fucking idea, thats like saying you saw a girl in a bikini and you thought she was hott as hell, and then you saw her in a business suit and her boobs look smaller and ass is bigger, and you go ew...same girl

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
I want the maple leaf badge thingy... haha, jk. It looks ok. If it looks anything like the concept once we can see the whole thing, it'll do well. Cant tell for sure yet tho

Tevesh

haha. it kinda looks like GTI that's been modded to go off-roading...at least the concept version does

A 4x4 with DSG??? SICK!!! If they gave that thing some real power, and good gas mileage, I might have to trade up lol.