GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 Mustang V6 305HP

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
Um, price please! With 300hp, 280ft/lbs, a standard 6-speed, RWD, and a much lighter weight than the Camaro, this thing will definately perform. Wow.......I could see getting this car. Maybe I need to hold off on any car change right now. Any idea when this will be hitting the showrooms? I have to say, Ford seems to be doing a lot of things right/well right now. Now we still need the Focus RS please.

Lucidity

Marx
Um, price please! With 300hp, 280ft/lbs, a standard 6-speed, RWD, and a much lighter weight than the Camaro, this thing will definately perform. Wow.......I could see getting this car. Maybe I need to hold off on any car change right now. Any idea when this will be hitting the showrooms? I have to say, Ford seems to be doing a lot of things right/well right now. Now we still need the Focus RS please.

I would imagine they are going to have to keep the pricing in line with the current line up in order to still compete with the Camaro price wise. No word on when they will be seeing dealership lots though. My guess is mid 2010.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
even stage 2 we are officialy out of the competition and im trying to buy a mustang gt right now or gto
________
Kluger

Last edited:

huy

Retired Racer
the V6 Camaro is like $24k... so I can't see Ford going far beyond that. right now the crappy V6 Mustang is like $22k...

Moses

Go Kart Champion
yes it will still be a joke are you kidding me?

any decent handling car with 100 horsepower less could kill it as long as it's not in a straight line. ford, and mustangs in general, are jokes.

ripped

Go Kart Champion

any decent handling car with 100 horsepower less could kill it as long as it's not in a straight line. ford, and mustangs in general, are jokes.

well will see how the new pony car does, but when it comes to bargain performance the new v6 stang beats our vw and returns 30mpg
only the market and economy will b able to tell who will last, we could aruge all day handling and build quality, ect. but ford has turned a profit finally so yes the new stang is a performance bargan but only time will tell.
________
Crown majesta

Last edited:

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
Very nice improvements to keep it competitive. Ford is doing a lot of things right lately.

tsigli

Ready to race!
even stage 2 we are officialy out of the competition and im trying to buy a mustang gt right now or gto

don't think so as our stg 2's are doing better even in quarter miles than V6 Camaro's....

a stg2 gti has maybe 240whp whereas a v6 mustang would have maybe 220rwhp seeing as most will be sold in auto and still weigh a lot more ...and the interior will be horrible as always

gti > stang imo :thumbsup:

Moses

Go Kart Champion
okay if you want a car that can beat a stock GTI in a highway run get a v6 mustang.

for ANYTHING else, useless.

i'll believe 30 mpg when i see it.

forget power, the handling/chassis/quality of the ride is going to be shit. it's going to be a plastic ford that can be easilly be defeated with a little engineering.

Lucidity

Marx

I'd love to see you go stock vs stock 2011 GTI vs 2011 Mustang on a track.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
lucidity you're smoking crack.

it's over 100 hp less, FWD, open diff and it would probably still be even/pass the stang, that is unless you're talking about a drag strip.

the only good mustang ford ever made was the roush, and of course the terminator.

kootenaydub

The Scandinavian Flick
okay if you want a car that can beat a stock GTI in a highway run get a v6 mustang.

for ANYTHING else, useless.

i'll believe 30 mpg when i see it.

forget power, the handling/chassis/quality of the ride is going to be shit. it's going to be a plastic ford that can be easilly be defeated with a little engineering.

Exactly.

Why the hell do a lot of people think hp=performance?

"I'd love to see you go stock vs stock 2011 GTI vs 2011 Mustang on a track."

So would I, in straight lines the mustang will make up ground, but I'm sure it will be a disaster in the corners.

Lucidity

Marx
Last edited: