GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 Not starting - past the limit of my knowledge

way2old

First post here after the gmail confirmation email fiasco and I'm pretty far past the limits of my brainpower and need help with the ideas. I'll copy/paste what I put on reddit looking for an answer as this is more suited of a place to get good ideas.

Backstory: I was driving down the highway last week and the GTI died like it ran out of gas. No noises, no clunks, full electricity, no weird new dash warnings (it has a res/muffler delete so CEL has been on for O2 values, and it has driven perfectly in the three months I've had it. Had it towed home where I could investigate and two codes were new: P1195 and P2294 so I started replacing/troubleshooting.

MK6 GTI A/T 4 Door.

What's been replaced: HPFP, Fuel Pressure Sensor, LPFP, Fuel Pump Control Module, Fuel Filter, various fuses, VVT Solenoid, Camshaft position sensor (last two were long before it died). VAGCOM says that there has been one write to the ECU and it was successful, but again, it's been running like a champ until this.

Symptoms aside from it won't start: LPFP is priming now that the FPCM was replaced. Fuel filter has fuel being supplied to it. When pulling the low pressure fuel supply from the HPFP, there is no fuel being pushed out. Tried the 'bottle at the end of the disconnected hose' trick and multiple primes and it still won't put any into the bottle. I can spray starter spray into the intake and it will turn over and run until I stop spraying it. This is where I'm lost. VAGCOM says that the pressure sensor (106) is reading at 16 and that doesn't change when I try to crank it. Connected to battery tender while starting so amperage/voltage looks good. What am I missing or what did I do wrong in my problem solving.

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
You have the lines swapped on the LPFP or at the filter if its running and no fuel coming out more than likely.