GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 ZL1 vs. 2013 GT500

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
What do you guys think? Current king of the hill vs. the upcoming GT500.

580hp, 184mph top speed, 3rd generation magnaride, fat tires, advanced stability control and launch control

vs.

650hp, 202mph top speed, Billstien electronic dampers (2 mode), same size tires as the 2012 model, revised gearing for better torque management and improved launch control mode

I love the ZL1, car is totally bad ass. Saw it as Barrett Jackson and SEMA. I just saw the new GT500 at Barrett Jackson as well, and the car looks menacing. I think it will be a good match up once both are released. Muscle car wars are heating up, and it's amazing to see such high horsepower cars coming out in the midst of the ever increasing CAFE standards and people jumping on the going green bandwagon.

Which one would you pick if you had the choice, and why?

JerGTI

Ready to race!
For looks I'd have to give the win to the GT500.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
I am a Chevy guy. I know the ZR1 Corvette isn't included here but it would be the corvette then the GT500. It is extremely hard to argue with all that hp and the ever refining looks of the stang. The maro is awesome, but just doesn't get my blood flowing like the other two. 650 hp, hot damn! What's the next zr1 c7 gonna make? Can't wait to see!!!

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Chevy says they'll take the ZL1 head to head at any track the GT500 chooses including the ring... They think despite the power it lacks it's IRS and better damping system (similar to that which the Z07 package Vette and Ferrari 458 uses) will make the car faster around a course.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I am a Chevy guy. I know the ZR1 Corvette isn't included here but it would be the corvette then the GT500. It is extremely hard to argue with all that hp and the ever refining looks of the stang. The maro is awesome, but just doesn't get my blood flowing like the other two. 650 hp, hot damn! What's the next zr1 c7 gonna make? Can't wait to see!!!

The ZR1 is not even the fastest C6 (around a track) and the Mustang and Vette are not in the same class anyway and can't really be compared.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
[...]it's amazing to see such high horsepower cars coming out in the midst of the ever increasing CAFE standards and people jumping on the going green bandwagon.
The fact that more and more people are going "green" is the only reason why they can afford to put out cars like that -- remember that CAFE stands for Corporate Average Fuel Economy.

If it wasn't for econoboxes, hybrids etc. to offset these cars, they wouldn't be able to offer them.

Fabidavis_510

Euro Blast Gang
what will chevy do next????!!!

curiouskyle16

Ready to race!
stang all the way. pops just bought a boss 302 laguna seca and that thing is forkin rediculous

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
stang all the way. pops just bought a boss 302 laguna seca and that thing is forkin rediculous

Lucky son of a bitch. My neighbor a few houses down has a Competition Orange Boss 302 with the Recaros in it. I can't believe they offer those seats now as an option on a regular 2013 GT. I hope Ford Racing releases them for aftermarket purchase soon.