GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Regardless of the motor it has, I can't get over the odd number of doors.

I never realized how light in weight those things are.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
it's a Hyundai... I can't wrap my brain around the idea of buying one ever again. ex wife had a Tuscon what a rolling pile of cat crunchies... BLECH!

Although I've heard recently that Hyundai has stepped up a bit more.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
it's a Hyundai... I can't wrap my brain around the idea of buying one ever again. ex wife had a Tuscon what a rolling pile of cat crunchies... BLECH!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I really don't like the looks. And the front end looks like a fish mouth.

I dunno, looks like they were channelling Audi with the front end....doesn't mean it doesn't look like a noodling candidate, but I don't hate it.

201HP/196 ft/lbs, all in a 2800lb package? Impressive numbers on paper, but what does it DRIVE like? Steering? Suspension?

I think it's a good addition to the pack, heaps better than the Dodge Dart anyway.

jrwamp

Ready to race!
I really don't like the looks. And the front end looks like a fish mouth.

Large Mouth Bass by dafaba, on Flickr

Agree. Sonata Hybrid looks like a catfish:

I will say that I don't hate the design. However, seems like it might date itself really easy. All of Hyundai's designs are so polarizing that I think they're going to look old quick.

Also, I test drove a Sonata Turbo about 6 months ago for my girlfriend, and I have to say it felt really cheap inside. Decent power, but just didn't feel connected to the car. Although I probably shouldn't expect that with a mid-size sedan.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
I like the odd door thing, especially with the hidden handles. I was digging the look of these overall until just seeing that front end shot. It's worse then the ms3! Non of these competitors can touch vw on styling. Decent mpg numbers though.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
similar hp and torque as the gti.. weighs around 200 pounds less...and gets about 30% better fuel economy... it now comes down to the price, how it drives, and the interior.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
200hp and 38mpg highway? interesting though a bit suspect. Don't look too bad in those pictures either. I've thought they look ugly in real life, though.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I highly doubt it will get the MPG as reported (seems to be the case with all new Hyundai's) and the GTI seems to get better MPG than rated.