GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Mk7 GTI recall?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Front stabilizer bar end links are loose, that will take all of 5 min to fix.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like there was ONE GUY who didn't read the standard operating procedure for a couple of shifts. This isn't news. At least they're being proactive about it.

MrBanananana

Ready to race!
You guys in the States don't have the standard golf yet? I went with my dad to test-drive one a week ago and he loved it, and ended up ordering a new golf which should be delivered soon. I guess this recall is going to delay the delivery of that vehicle?

Merkle

Banned
Golf is slated for August, with the new 1.8T, you could have a budget GTI on your hands for a lot less $.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You guys in the States don't have the standard golf yet? I went with my dad to test-drive one a week ago and he loved it, and ended up ordering a new golf which should be delivered soon. I guess this recall is going to delay the delivery of that vehicle?

New end links are an easy solve. VW's only possible issue is having enough in the pipeline to fix current models that have left the building and stock to keep cranking out new Golf/GTIs.

Merkle

Banned
Odd they have to replace the whole link, should be a quick hit with an impact and you're good to go.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
It may be a liability thing? :iono: Due to the rash of recalls, perhaps VW is being overly cautious and replacing the entire link. Maybe there is a new/better bushing etc. in the new links? Details are fuzzy.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have the torque specs for the links? Don't need the dealer to do this one.

Its a brand new car, just make them do it. Why roll with an open recall?

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have the torque specs for the links? Don't need the dealer to do this one.

Let them fix it. Before you know it your VIN is highlighted, they look at it at your next service and see it done and then they end up making some lame excuse to void your warranty.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Its a brand new car, just make them do it. Why roll with an open recall?

Because if you don't do 100% everything on your car it is no longer your car

*man grunt*

zrickety

The Fixer
They are probably worried about premature failure on the existing loose parts. Personally I would tighten to spec and wait to bring it in.